Auria Pro recording static problem

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jman2020

Auria Pro recording static problem

Post by Jman2020 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Hello all I am a new user of the Behringer XR18 and the Auria Pro app and I need a little help.

I am using the XR18 mainly for IEM at rehearsal (we are a typical hard rock 4 piece) while also recording with Auria Pro on my ipad.

The first time I used it, after watching numerous tutorial videos, I hooked anything up and got a great live recording with my band. That really blew my mind how easy it was but the second and third time the recording has been clipping/distorting on the Auria recording. I was assuming the output from the XR18 was being sent to the Auria extremely hot. Now everything on the XR18 is showing normal output levels but it is clipping on in the Auria app. Also i used my snapshot settings from the first time I got the great recording. So next I started from scratch reset my settings on both the XR18 and the Auria and it still did it. So with that I brought it home from my rehearsal studio and tried troubleshooting with a recording just using basic vocal mic.

Now I can't duplicate live drums at home so I went back to basics. I set up the mic and it is sounding great on the XR18. Just a vocal mic with gate /compression/EQ/FX. Then I hooked it up to the Auria Pro using the USB Camera adapter.

Now I might be doing this wrong but my noise gate/compress/EQ/FX is not being sent to the Auria Pro but there is annoying static whenever I speak into the mic which is also being recorded. So I started to troubleshoot if it is the headphones. What I then did is plug my headphones into the XR18 made sure everything sounded good ,which it did, then I plug my headphones into my ipad. I heard the static and NO presets from the XR18 both before recording and after. It sounds terrible. It is not my headphone output on my ipad because anything I play on it, music, movies etc.., sounds fine. Also before I did any recording in Auria I created a new project added only one channel. That is it. I did not adjust any other settings or line inputs. Don't know what to do next. Any ideas where this static can be coming from?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Slavetomachines

Re: Auria Pro recording static problem

Post by Slavetomachines » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Good evening...Please be sure your xr18 and Auria are set to the same sample rate when recording and play back...If you record at 48 make sure the xr18 is set 48 sample rate also...I hope this works for you... :D

Eliad

Post by Eliad » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:32 pm

Hello, I just bought Auri and I have the same xr18 and I have encountered the same problem. How it can be solved. I don't know what to do and I'm thinking of canceling the purchase. sorry my english i speak from latin america

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Check the record level control in Auria. You can access this knob by pressing and holding on the record enable button at the top of the track.

Rim

Eliad

Post by Eliad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:33 am

Hi, thanks for the help. You can fix the problem. The rx18 was not at the same frequency as Auria as mentioned above, I am new to this but have had relief. Thank you very much

Ralis

Post by Ralis » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:04 am

Hey I too am having this issue.
I am recording a drum machine and synths from an XR18 into Auria.

This signals are too hot in Auria and I am getting clipping

They are both at 48K

My gain staging is good in the XR-18, actually lower than I like

But the signal in Auria is way too hot, I tried adjusting the record level and it had zero effect even if I brought it down to -144db or raised it all the way- no difference

Any ideas?