Xr18 / Aria USB Interface monitoring problem

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PaulC

Xr18 / Aria USB Interface monitoring problem

Post by PaulC » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 am

Auria / XR18 interface monitoring problem
Edit Report this post Quote
Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi, looking for some help as a new and novice user of Auria. I have successfully recorded material via the USB interface, but can’t seem to monitor or playback through the USB interface. I believe I have followed instructions correctly by setting the Output Matrix Master output to channel 17&18. On the XR18, I have set the USB return to channel 17&18 (Aux in). And have set channel 17&18 input to USB rather than line. However, I get nothing.
However, if I change the Auria Master output matrix to channels 1&2 on the IPad, and change USB returns on the XR18 to 1&2 and select USB on the input, this works fine.
Why can’t I get the interface to work on Aux In channels 17&18. Any ideas please??

Corey W
Expert

Re: Xr18 / Aria USB Interface monitoring problem

Post by Corey W » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:50 am

Do you have the Behringer XAir app installed and running on your iPad?

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:15 am

Yes, both are running on my iPad

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:19 am

In my latest quest to find a solution, I have routed the channels via Bus 1 as a group. I then routed Bus 1 to USB channels 17/18 and this worked (audio now playing through the XR18 to the powered monitor. But still don’t understand why I can’t hear the Master Outputs on Auria when routed to XR18 Aux channels 17&18?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:56 pm

From what I recall, this interface has an atypical channel layout. The SP/DIF digital outputs appear in the middle of the channel layout (possibly channels 17/18 ?). I don't have the manual in front of me, but I recall having to skip two channels somewhere.

Rim

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Ok so I have a different question regarding using the XR 18

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there.

I have hours and hours of successful recordings but suddenly I have an issue that I can’t seem to find the cause of. Auria is not seeing the xr 18. When I plug in the usb through the apple camera adapter like I always have, there is only 1 input available to choose from when record arming the tracks.

The input matrix only shows one input lit the left vertical column of boxes is lit and I can’t get any more available inputs to show up.

What could I be missing?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:35 pm

What changed since you last had the XR18 working correctly?
-iOS update?
-Auria update?
-Have you tried a new USB or CCK?

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:51 am

I have also taken my monitoring problem up with the tech guys at Behringer and everything appears to be correct at that end. They have stated the problem is definitely within Auria. Is it possible that there is a fault on my version ? If so, how do I go about possibly deleting this version and re-installing without paying twice? (Bought through the Apple App Store), it once you have paid for the App, can you delete and re-install free? My second option is to possibly to upgrade to Auria Pro and see if that works, but reluctant to spend more money if the fault persists 🤔

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:54 am

Also, I really appreciate the help through the forum, but does Auria have a dedicated tech support helpline that I can contact to discuss the problem if it does turn out to be a fault in the software ?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:04 pm

You can always contact us directly at Support(at)Drumagog(dot)com.

Once you pay for Auria, you can delete and reinstall as many times as you would like on your iPad. Keep in mind that deleting the app from you iPad will delete all contents, so remember to back up your Auria projects and audio files first.

Upgrading to Auria Pro will not make any difference here, unfortunately.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:19 am

Excellent, thanks for your help 👍

Cathulu

Post by Cathulu » Mon May 11, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi, I followed all the settings to get Auria USB monitoring through my XR18 per this video, this guy shows exactly how to do it: https://youtu.be/b9C5Jk4EgnM

However despite Auria having the menu items to do it, it did not work. I upgraded to Auria Pro, which adds even more menu items for bus I/O if I can call it that (I am a newbie) and now it works properly, I can play back through my XR18 via the Main L/R what was recorded in Auria. You need to mute Main L/R during recording or feedback/latency.

So regular Auria the setting is there but maybe not enabled or broken. Need Auria Pro to make it work. I am using iPad Air 2019, aka iPad Air “3”.

Rik

Post by Rik » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:13 am

Hi, new to Auria and this forum but have extensive DAW experience on PC’s & Mac’s (Ableton & Cubase).

I too had this same routing problem when I started using the regular Auria app with the XR-18. After watching and following the instructions of the previously posted YouTube video and tearing my hair out when I wasn’t getting the same results, I decided to upgrade to Auria Pro. Lo and behold the routing worked as expected.

So it seems it’s a software routing issue in the regular Auria app, which seems a bit lame.

The only issue I have now is that when I am playing back a recording through the Aux return on the XR-18, the audio stops if I switch apps over to the XAir app to make any adjustments on its mixer. The audio resumes when I return to Auria.

This doesn’t happen for Brian (the YouTube Auria/XR-18 user in the above referenced video). He seamlessly switches between the Auria and XAir apps whilst playing back audio through the XR-18 with no interruption to audio playback, as I would expect.

Though its a minor issue, it does causes irritating extra tapping and the stopping and starting of audio if volume changes are needed. This ought to be a standard requirement for the use of these two apps together and appears to have been in place, though the video example of this working is five years old so maybe something changed in app and/or iOS updates.

I’ve looked on the Auria settings, as well as the iOS settings, to see if there is something that can be changed to aid in this problem but can’t find anything in either.

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is. Would love to hear from other Auria/XR-18 users if they have come across this issue and if there’s a work around.

Thanks
Rik

Auria Pro (upgraded in-app from Auria)
iPad 9th generation,
iOS 15.5
Behringer XR-18