Yamaha motif

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tlevoyer

Yamaha motif

Post by Tlevoyer » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 pm

I am trying to bounce audio tracks saved on my Yamaha motif Into Auria. I Am connecting the keyboard to an iPad with a midi to usb in-out Cable and a camera connection kit. How do I record audio from the keyboard, not just midi

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Yamaha motif

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:51 am

Tlevoyer wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 pm
I am trying to bounce audio tracks saved on my Yamaha motif Into Auria. I Am connecting the keyboard to an iPad with a midi to usb in-out Cable and a camera connection kit. How do I record audio from the keyboard, not just midi
You need an audio interface connected to your iPad not a midi cable even if the midi cable is ending up as usb. There is no audio transferred through a midi cable just midi data. You will need to connect the audio outputs of your Motif into the audio interface as well as your midi so get an audio interface that has midi in and out as well as audio in and out with headphone monitor in case you have no speakers. It is possible that the Motif may transmit audio through its usb port which makes connection to the audio interface even easier because both the audio and the midi will use the same usb cable. You may need to do some reading of the capabilities of your Motif regarding what gets transmitted through the usb port. Some keyboards even act as the audio interface as well but I don't know about the Motif as there are a few different firmware versions on the Motif line of keyboards and your Motif may not even have a usb port. Cheers