The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mikearnett2003

Re: The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

Post by Mikearnett2003 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:59 am

Can I record iPad and control the X air all of the different iPad or does it need to be on The same

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:20 am

You should have the XAir app running on the same iPad in the background when using Auria. So, both apps on the same iPad.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:58 am

Corey W wrote:You should have the XAir app running on the same iPad in the background when using Auria. So, both apps on the same iPad.
If you want to record continuously while switching back and forth to the Xair app
you have to enable "app background audio mode" in Aurias settings > general. :D
best jp

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:58 pm

I just purchased 2 Behringer UMC 1820s to work with Auria Pro with the intention of recording 14 tracks (there's 8 inputs on each one) at 96K. I assumed it could use adat to connect the 2 but no matter what combination I try, Auria only shows the 8 input channels as being active (meaning, I can see the very small amount of gain at the bottom), not all 16.
As soon as I connect either one via usb, the input matrix shows me 20 channels available yet, again, only 8 channels active...even while I have the other one connected via adat. I've tried multiple configurations.
Now when I connect a focusrite octopre via adat to one of the UMCs, I immediately see 4 channels as being active. But that only brings the total to 12 and I need 14 channels.
Would these things be designed to not adat to each other? That'd be so odd...
Thanks for any help

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Ok, as an update to my post, I received this email response from James from Music Group Services which represents Behringer here in the states, he said: "It is not possible to combine two input devices (mixers, interfaces,etc) to create "larger" input devices. As you are discovering, your computer can only recognize one device at a time. This will be the case whether you use ADAT or USB as your method of input."
So, its a no go. I will say, however, that the 1820 is fully recognized by Auria as having 8 channels available right out of the box with potential to eventually see 20 channels max, so it should make it to the compatible list.

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:26 am

drock wrote:Ok, as an update to my post, I received this email response from James from Music Group Services which represents Behringer here in the states, he said: "It is not possible to combine two input devices (mixers, interfaces,etc) to create "larger" input devices. As you are discovering, your computer can only recognize one device at a time. This will be the case whether you use ADAT or USB as your method of input."
So, its a no go. I will say, however, that the 1820 is fully recognized by Auria as having 8 channels available right out of the box with potential to eventually see 20 channels max, so it should make it to the compatible list.
Hey, maybe I'm missing something about your setup or with ADAT, but even though you can't directly run two interfaces to your ipad, it is possible to agreggate several interfaces together through your desktop and an iConnectivity device back into Auria Pro. At the moment I'm running 3 interfaces into Auria giving me a total of 16 inputs.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Ah ok, thats good to know but in this case, I'm using the iPad only and no desktop system at all. Thanks though!

gadgetman

Post by gadgetman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:19 pm

CAN A PRESONUS 192 BE USED WITH AURIA PRO TO RECORD MULTIPLE TRACKS SIMULTANEOUSLY ON AN IPAD PRO 4GB RAM AND 256GB SSID?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 am

PreSonus tech support just pointed me towards this article:

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/ar ... h-an-iPad-

dans

Post by dans » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm

how do you connect the auria eq5588 to a bose solo15/10 sound system. I am not seeing any audio outputs on the Auria

energizer1389

Post by energizer1389 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm connecting my iPad Pro to a Line 6 Amplifi FX100. It is working but I am getting crackling sound. I tried different cables and have not solved the problem. The weird thing is that it works perfectly with GarageBand with very clean sound. Seems like the issue is with Auria Pro. Any advise?

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:09 pm

new behringer uphoria UMC 404 HD
4ins: 4 outs PERFECT with PC (needs behringer dedicated driver download)
Shame on ipad :
1) destroy the uphoria internal driver set up memory as soon as tweaking the buffer from Auria
2) or whatever App IAA (can't share and crashes)
then uphoria usb is not even working back on Pc : needs to reinstall (easy) the PC behringer uphoria driver

tonygerber

Post by tonygerber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I am having an issue with my iPad which recently updated to newest iOS... it is now saying it is incompatible with the Presonus1818... anyone else having this problem? any insights? Previously it had worked wonderfully.

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:21 am

use an usb2 hub , ANITECH PANDORA WHITE (no need to powet it)
plug HUB First , then plug PRESONUS ,
ANY CHANGE OF IPAD SCREEN SYNC OUT PRESONUS : just NEED to switch on/of presonus usually will get sync back !!!
tweaking Auria settings BUFFER crashes if set to different values (256/512) better preset both -VSL to 512- (by computer)set with presonus , the use of both different project (44k\48k)crashes it as well , to speak easy …presonus VSL is NOT a very suitable soundcard for Auria (but can do!)
presonus VSL cannot sync both ITS out and ins from adat or sdif AND outs usb

To Sync soundcards : THE Real problem with Ipads :
PC can CALL and tweak soundcards config to change its settings SAFE
IPAD nor AURIA cannot CALL and change soundcards settings BUT NEED TO MATCH their preset
so working Auria 48 k then jumping to AUDIOSHARE (if) set to 44 k will bug and crash presonus Vsl until ipad is set to match its buffer presets
that's true for most NEW mixers with multisettings for advanced (92k!) buffer HD (?!) (uphoria, soundtrack and .????)

easier, BEST : is BEHRINGER rack XAIR 18 : BECAUSE on the same IPAD ITSELF you CAN TWEAK BUFFER SETTINGS (OF XAIR REMOTE) using WIFI
so … that's the NO PROBLEM 18 (really!)tracks USB2 mixer to use with PC,MAC,(proper drivers and xair) AND of course …for iPAD + AURIA !!!
most other cards are multitracks toys recording …crashes !!!!

Waterbound

Post by Waterbound » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:26 am

tonygerber wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 pm
I am having an issue with my iPad which recently updated to newest iOS... it is now saying it is incompatible with the Presonus1818... anyone else having this problem? any insights? Previously it had worked wonderfully.
I’m using Auria with my 1818vsl with my IPad Pro 10.5 and also using the usb3 cck adapter with no issues. Currently on iOS 11.1