Korg kronos audio USB 2.0 interface

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pointyhat
Expert

Korg kronos audio USB 2.0 interface

Post by Pointyhat » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:28 pm

@ support
Hi there

I can connect my Kronos via the camera conection kit to my ipad 3 and record and play back audio within garage band over USB without any problem. However with auria the sound over USB is full of hiss and pops and the application crashes on playback. Presumably If the kronos USB 2.0 audio interface works ok with garage band, it should also work ok with auria? Any help much appreciated.

Ipad 3 iOS 6 auria 1.031 Kronos 2.01

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Korg kronos audio USB 2.0 interface

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 am

We don't have a Kronos here for testing, so it's hard to say exactly what the issue is, but in theory, you're right - if it works in other iPad apps, it should also work in Auria. Your crashing might be unrelated to the USB interface. When does it crash? Have you closed all your background apps?

What sample rate are you running? Other apps are usually limited to 44.1, but Auria can run at other rates, which your interface might not be able to handle. Also, try using higher buffer sizes in the settings page.

Rim

Pointyhat
Expert

Post by Pointyhat » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:30 am

Rim wrote:We don't have a Kronos here for testing, so it's hard to say exactly what the issue is, but in theory, you're right - if it works in other iPad apps, it should also work in Auria. Your crashing might be unrelated to the USB interface. When does it crash? Have you closed all your background apps?

What sample rate are you running? Other apps are usually limited to 44.1, but Auria can run at other rates, which your interface might not be able to handle. Also, try using higher buffer sizes in the settings page.

Rim
Finally got round to seeing what the issue was - user error on my part. Kronos outputs at 48khz and with an Auria project set to this rate everything works absolutely fine. So I can confirm Korg Kronos USB 2 audio Input/output works very well with Auria.

Gianul

Post by Gianul » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Do you know if it will work with a Korg Pa3x?

Steefgee

Post by Steefgee » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:08 am

I also do have a Kronos. With latest firmware.
Today i tried for the firsttime to record 8 miditracks and 4 audio tracks into Auria.
I manged to set Auria up so the sequencer started when the 2 bars countoff in Auria starts.
But i had to record in Auria track by track. Otherwise there wil be only a 2 Chanel stereo recording on Auria.
And when i recorded the audio tracks i found out that these audiotracks were shifted a few clicks ahead of the rest of the recorded tracks.
Do you know How to record all the tracks out of the Kronos in one run to Auria or was my workaround correct.

If Auria can record all the Kronos tracks at once How is that to be done. Can you give Some help with the settings on the Kronos and Auria
Btw i recorded in 48khz and used the USB A out of the Kronos to lightning ipad 2017.

Thanks in advance

Steefgee

Post by Steefgee » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:21 am

Really? Nobody?