A choir piece.

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tidixon

A choir piece.

Post by Tidixon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Help me is this muddy or have too much reverb
http://snd.sc/1auvKCL

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: A choir piece.

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:53 pm

It may be the processing or the room in which the choir was recorded in or even the mic placement. Reverb on a choir should be very little as the various frequencies can get over hyped with the effect. Also you may have compressed too hot as there is a lack of dynamic range. Try seperating everything and try to come up with a clean track with a good blended mix using only eq. Once you have a nice mix, continue with a slight compression followed by some small room reverb. Try to create a wider stero spread using your ProQ's mid/side mode and push the side channel up a bit. I really couldn't make out the words very well and it would appear that the message in this song is important to you and it's listeners so intelegible vocals is very important especially in a vocal only recording. Cheers and hope this helps.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Nice Tune 8)

There's quite a lot of background noise , is this supposed to be there maybe that's all part of a choir recording , if not Pro-G may help :wink:

arohi

Post by arohi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 am

Here as well. I would like to know how to import tracks into the auria loop directory. Maybe a file management process? Think I saw someone using ifunbox to do this? Anyone else doing this?

Victoria14

Post by Victoria14 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:57 am

A choir is a musical ensemble of singers. Choral music, in turn, is the music written specifically for such an ensemble to perform.