Two Rock Tunes

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Two Rock Tunes

Post by supanorton » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Still struggling with mixing and mastering, but I'm moving on from these. The first is a simple uptempo acoustic, electric (THM plug), bass (THM plug), drums (DrumLoops HD), and vocals track. The second is a sort of lusty slow groove with guitars, bass, and drums from AmpliTube and organ from GarageBand. Vocals direct in to Auria. Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/anorton/hope

https://soundcloud.com/anorton/coming-for-your-love

Tarekith
Expert

Re: Two Rock Tunes

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:11 pm

I think if you used a little more EQ to reduce some of the frequencies between 200-500Hz, it'll get rid of some of the muddiness overall. Good tracks, just needs some better balancing in the mixdown like you say. Thanks for sharing!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:12 pm

@Tarekith
Thanks so much for listening and taking the time to lend a hand er... ear. I'll try playing around in that frequency range. I appreciate your help.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:51 pm

really really great pop/rock songs, they'd be at home in any current radio station. and they sound fat and warm with great grooves and playing. kudos.

may I ask please (because i'm a bit of a newbie) how did you get the drums from Amplitube to Auria? Did you record to Amplitube then copy to Auria or did you do is some other way? I am struggling to get my head around how some of these apps talk to each other..
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Wow, thanks. I'm very happy you liked my stuff.

I was working on that tune in AmpliTube before copying and pasting into Auria. I'm pretty sure I did this:

In AmpliTube, from the mixer window, tap on "project list". Tap on your project name to open your project. Solo the drum track in the studio window or mute all tracks in the mixer window. Next, tap "project list" again and tap the "copy" button on the bottom. Open Auria and paste. I hope that makes sense.

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Generally a muddy mix, but how can you not
SMile when he says "hoooope! Hoooope!"? Wonderful tune which I'm sure would sound awesome once u get the hang of mixing on the iPad (which is generally harder and slower than mixing on a PC or Mac.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 am

starfugger wrote:Generally a muddy mix, but how can you not
SMile when he says "hoooope! Hoooope!"? Wonderful tune which I'm sure would sound awesome once u get the hang of mixing on the iPad (which is generally harder and slower than mixing on a PC or Mac.
I "hope" to develop the patience and ear training necessary to get better. Glad you like the song, and thanks for listening.