Check out my contest submission using Auria!

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

C-minus
Expert

Check out my contest submission using Auria!

Post by C-minus » Tue May 10, 2016 8:42 am

Just entered the Pensado's Place/indaba music Mixing Competition, featuring "Distance" by New York's own, Regret The Hour. Done about 7 passes, this is my (hopefully) final revision. Mixed and mastered (somewhat) in Auria, with a final tweak in Audio Mastering. Please have a listen, let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uivxj28scm929 ... v.wav?dl=0
iPad Air 1, Scarlett 18i8, Behringer B-2 Pro/C-3, SM 57's(backup hammer)ISA One, KRK Rockit 5's, coffee.

JRSIV
Expert

Re: Check out my contest submission using Auria!

Post by JRSIV » Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 pm

c I dug this. I am guessing the competition had raw tracks you could get to then mix yourself? Either way it is mixed really well. The guitar fills and snare drum work really well in that groove.

I must say the mixes on your stuff are always incredible. You and a few others here and at the AudioBus forum definitely inspire me to wrap things up and mix some tracks. The one I heard last on SoundCloud, "Old School Revival" was excellent man. Great lyrics and the mix was perfect very open but all the little bits could be heard individually.

Be cool brother...
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:08 am

C-minus wrote:Just entered the Pensado's Place/indaba music Mixing Competition, featuring "Distance" by New York's own, Regret The Hour. Done about 7 passes, this is my (hopefully) final revision. Mixed and mastered (somewhat) in Auria, with a final tweak in Audio Mastering. Please have a listen, let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uivxj28scm929 ... v.wav?dl=0

Great effort, good luck in the mix contest. Cheers.

BenR

Post by BenR » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 am

Cal, great job again, man... you continue to astound. So well balanced...