The album I couldn't have made without Auria

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

The album I couldn't have made without Auria

Post by supanorton » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Hey folks,

I bought Auria the day it came out. I upgraded to Auria Pro, but I still don't know the first thing about midi :lol: . Maybe I'll use it on my next album. Anyway, this record was written over the past few years, and all recorded and mixed in Auria. One song was mixed in MultiTrack DAW. I did the mastering with IK's Lurssen mastering app. Have to say AudioBus was huge as it enabled me to get sounds into Auria. Other apps were AmpKit, AmpliTube, Bias Amps, Bias FX, Flying Haggis, GarageBand, THM Overloud (plugin), ToneStack, iGrand, GarageBand, SampleTank, DrumJam, Drum Loops HD 1 and 2, loops from The Loop Loft and Drums On Demand. What an arsenal of tools we have. Crazy.

I have to say that Auria changed everything for me. Rim built an app that sparked my imagination. I imagined I could actually make an album on my iPad. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it overall.

I guess it's a rock album with some uptempo and midtempo stuff. I've got a couple of ballads too.

Thanks to Rim for his dedication and to everyone here who has offered their help over the years, especially Washboy and of course Anthony Alves. Thanks to everyone else here as well.

The album is available on iTunes, Google Play, Apple Music, Spotify, CD Baby etc. if you search "Artie Norton".

I've also posted it on BandCamp for my AudioBus and Auria forum friends where you can stream it for free:

https://artienorton.bandcamp.com/releases

If you've got about 50 minutes and like a classic rock sort of vibe, I'd appreciate a listen. Thank you!

Washboy
Expert

Re: The album I couldn't have made without Auria

Post by Washboy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:58 am

Hi Artie :) Congratulations! I've only had time so far for a quick preview of your album but it sounds wonderful; really vibrant. Great musicianship. I'll cosy down later with my favourite cans and listen properly.

Many thanks for your kind shout-out. I'm flattered that you found any of my posts helpful and touched that you remember 8)

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:51 am

Washboy wrote:Hi Artie :) Congratulations! I've only had time so far for a quick preview of your album but it sounds wonderful; really vibrant. Great musicianship. I'll cosy down later with my favourite cans and listen properly.

Many thanks for your kind shout-out. I'm flattered that you found any of my posts helpful and touched that you remember 8)
Thank you, sir.
I appreciate you taking the time to listen. I hope you find a few on there you like.

joe12stories
Expert

Post by joe12stories » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:34 am

Hey, Artie! Enjoyed listening to your tunes since the MTD days! It's a shame he hasn't updated it. But like you, I'm hooked on Auria (and used it before day 1 as a beta tester). I've gotten semi-decent at mixing over the years but every time I try to master (I have all the FF plugins but no knowledge) I get overwhelmed at all the controls. Watching how-to videos doesn't help. Which leads me to my question to you: you mentioned the Lurssen mastering console, and that thing looks so darn user friendly, I'm thinking it may actually be the trick for me.

I know there was a disk issue and you had problems saving your projects a while back. Are these issues still there, and what is your impression of it? It looks extremely appealing.

Thanks!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:05 am

joe12stories wrote:Hey, Artie! Enjoyed listening to your tunes since the MTD days! It's a shame he hasn't updated it. But like you, I'm hooked on Auria (and used it before day 1 as a beta tester). I've gotten semi-decent at mixing over the years but every time I try to master (I have all the FF plugins but no knowledge) I get overwhelmed at all the controls. Watching how-to videos doesn't help. Which leads me to my question to you: you mentioned the Lurssen mastering console, and that thing looks so darn user friendly, I'm thinking it may actually be the trick for me.

I know there was a disk issue and you had problems saving your projects a while back. Are these issues still there, and what is your impression of it? It looks extremely appealing.

Thanks!
Hi, Joe. Thanks for listening. Unfortunately, the state saving bug hasn't been fixed yet, but I have been assured that IK is working on the problem. Lurssen is a universal app, so the iPhone version is free, which doesn't have the bug. You can also save each session as a new user preset so you don't lose your work. I think the app is still 50% off right now. I think it has a character and an ease of use that's great as long as your mix is just where you want it before the mastering stage. Good luck, and I hope this helps.

yuchaelectronics

Post by yuchaelectronics » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 am

Hi Artie ,Congrat and Wonderful Album Song Compilation . Just listened and really liked background beats and tunes . Will surely share on my social connects .
Keep on sharing your new Albums too.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 pm

yuchaelectronics wrote:Hi Artie ,Congrat and Wonderful Album Song Compilation . Just listened and really liked background beats and tunes . Will surely share on my social connects .
Keep on sharing your new Albums too.
Thank you very much for your kind words, listening, and spreading the word. It's cool to know that there are some people out there who dig it. Thanks again, @yuchaelectronics.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:38 am

Just purchased it from Bandcamp Artie. Really diggin the sound. Great job my friend. Cheers

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:48 am

Thank you so much Anthony. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that you dig it, and thanks again for all your help along the way.