Hangs on mix down

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jemduff

Hangs on mix down

Post by Jemduff » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:07 am

I try to mix down and it hangs with the mix down progress bar.

It does this when exporting a wave.

I love this app btw !

I imported the session from tools with a few dropped files but it does well to keep my edits and mix the 30 tracks and do the fx on the fly!
Awesome.

Let's keep making it better! I wish I could export a single region to sound cloud like in tools. I prefer mixing to a bounce track to know what I'm getting.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Hangs on mix down

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 am

Can you give an example of how this is happening? If I create a new project here, and import a few stereo wav files, then try a mixdown, it works fine.

Thanks,
Rim

Jemduff

Post by Jemduff » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 pm

I exported the session from protools using aaf/omf and brought it into auria as a zipped folder. This worked great. The I added a few track plugs, a few buss plugs and some master bus vintage warmer. Started to CPU overload so I froze my track plugs. Some them were not audible when frozen so I unfroze them. Then I set the blue region to what I wanted to mix down and tried to mix down and the blue popup appears and hangs with no progress and the cancel button does nothing.
This session has 30 24bit 44.1 k tracks with 5 busses in use and about 5 tracks with insert plugs. I had a chorus and a reverb on the sends. I hope this helps!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:57 pm

OK, I'm trying to follow what you did. You said the blue popup appears. What blue popup is that? There shouldn't be any blue popup when mixing down.

Usually, to do a mixdown, you go to the menu, select Mixdown, then pick your options, and then press OK. After you press OK, the mixdown box should go away, and you should see a white (semi-transparent) box pop up with a progress bar. This take a while (usually a few minutes), then goes away.

Can you duplicate this again? If so, let me how I can reproduce it here, so I can try to fix it.

Thanks,
Rim

Jemduff

Post by Jemduff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Ok I have got it to mix down by bouncing my mix down to a stereo track and then soloing that track and exporting that as a mixdown.

Sorry for the confusion on the popup as it is indeed transparent as you indicated above.

Cheers!
Jem