What does it stand for?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tkofaith

What does it stand for?

Post by tkofaith » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am

When you click on FX to open the Channel Strip, the right side of the dialog box has the section for inserting effects. The left side has "In", which I understand, but the left side has "e". What does "e" stand for? I notice it's lowercase, but I haven't got a clue why. I'm pretty new to recording.

Thanks and Blessings,

Tim
Blessings,

Tim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: What does it stand for?

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:18 am

The "e" is for bringing up the editor of the plug-in (the plug-in's "screen").

Rim

tkofaith

Post by tkofaith » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:25 am

Rim wrote:The "e" is for bringing up the editor of the plug-in (the plug-in's "screen").

Rim
Thanks a bunch! With my recording backround (or lack thereof!) I foresee a bit of a learning curve. Most of the stuff has at least a little information in the User Guide, but I couldn't find anything on this.

Blessings,

Tim
Blessings,

Tim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 pm

I think I recorded a few farts when I was a kid, but that's it. Soooo I have a question about the button under the "Sat", the phase/polarity one. Is that only used when recording something into Auria? Or does it have any use on already rendered audio?

Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Hello,

That button will flip the phase of the audio that exists on that track, it is not limited to recording.

Best,

Chris Miller
WaveMachine Labs

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks.

Still trying to make sense of all this phase/polarity stuff. Seems to be a lot of factors when to use switch polarity (or phase whatever that button does). Will learn in time I guess :?

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Chrisg-
Polarity is great for a number of things- all it does is flip the wave upside down (in the simplest form)
It can be used for effect, or for checking individual tracks when multiple mics are used when something doesn't quite sound right.

Ps- don't know if it's still in print, but I've always had my copy of the Yamaha sound reinforcement manual or something like that.
It's filled with all of the basics like how to wire up cables and such. It's an old book but the knowledge is set in stone.
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks. That made a bit more sense then all the PhD essays I googled up on the subject ha

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 pm

What does the "condense regions" menu option do? Couldn't find anything in the manual about it, and not noticing anything different after its done processing it.

Edit: Does it trim audio files that's been shortened?