Auria Pre-purchase question: 3rd party VSTs

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dinorocker

Auria Pre-purchase question: 3rd party VSTs

Post by dinorocker » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:28 am

I am about to purchase Auria from the AppStore, and have a question about the optional/3rd-party VSTs:

1. Which optional VSTs are currently available for Auria, what are they priced like, and what is the purchase mechanism used to obtain them?

2. If the purchase mechanism is in-App purchases (IAPs), will it be the only way to obtain them, or will there be a way to develop/sell VSTs for Auria that do not go through this mechanism?

And one license related question:

3. I own multiple iPads, all on the same Apple ID. Will I need to purchase multiple licenses of Auria and 3rd Party VSTs to use Auria across multiple iPads?

Thanks in advance - I look forward to my purchase(s)!

Albrecht
Expert

Re: Auria Pre-purchase question: 3rd party VSTs

Post by Albrecht » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:26 am

1.http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/auria/id524122834?mt=8

3.No

I own 2 iPads, Auria runs on both (same ID) without purchasing multiple licenses; not quite sure, but I think, apple allows up to four (?)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:23 am

Due to the way Apple's model works, we can only sell add ons to an app through an in-app store, so there's no other way to add a plug-in to an app.

We're working with other third party developers to port other plug-ins to Auria.

As long as you're using the same iTunes account, you can restore your in-app purchases across multiple devices.

Rim

dinorocker

Post by dinorocker » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:34 am

The iTunes page for Auria doesn't show the available in-App purchases and prices. Is there any other way of getting this information?

Thanks!

Albrecht
Expert

Post by Albrecht » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 am

do a search by google

iTunes Auria iPad

Albrecht
Expert

Post by Albrecht » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 am

do a search by google

iTunes Auria iPad

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 am

the beauty of vst's has always been that you buy them once and use them across multiple daw's or programs. i'm curious if there will ever be a chance for other apps to also utilize this new 'ivst' format and, if so, will users who've already purchased an ivst in say, auria, be able to transfer that license over to the other ivst supportive apps(cross in-app licensing)? or are apple's current in-app restrictions too stringent to make such a 'global' ivst store possible? ultimately it'd be cool to have multiple apps supporting the same ivst's without having to buy them again and again for each and every app(although ivst app developers would love the extra profit i bet!)

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 am

Unfortunately, the way Apple's model works prevents us from being able to load external vsts into Auria. There's also no way to use a "code system" to make a certain plug-in "free" if you've already purchased it for your Mac or PC. Apple strictly forbids this kind of thing in an app store. It's possible that there will be a new model in the future for plug-ins, but it's impossible to say...

Rim