The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

schroedpot

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by schroedpot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 am

Rim wrote:That option already exists. It's called "Auto Return". You can set this in the transport options (press the transport counter).

Rim
It just keeps getting more awesome. Thanks Rim!

mandodon
Expert

Post by mandodon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:04 pm

I'd like to hear a wood block or something like it for the click sound for the metronome.

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:58 pm

This has most likely already been requested, but I'd like a "consolidate" option to combine regions. Mixing down the track is fine, but it can take a lot of time sometimes when, I would think, consolidating regions wouldn't take but a few seconds. It took about 45 second to mixdown a single track on my iPad 3. #firstworldpains

tkofaith

Post by tkofaith » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 pm

How about microphone simulators...?
Blessings,

Tim

rew0

Intelligent subgroup channel display

Post by rew0 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:57 am

As Auria is a software simulation of a hardware solution, there are things that can be done in SW but not HW. One of these would be to show/hide subgroup channels as required to save GUI space.
For instance:
Show 2 subgroup channels by default
Show further subgroup channels if other channels are assigned to them
This way there is no decrease in functionality, but only subgroups in use are shown (incl initial 2)
Rich.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:43 am

-change gain per region <3

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Could you make the video import option in Auria to import video straight from the iPad camera roll. Thanks

EspiStudio

Post by EspiStudio » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:47 am

Hope we can get midi editor and maby some midi synth and midi drums or drum machine.
Midi editor is important.

Androcid

Post by Androcid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 am

Remove automation for individual track
Set loop point

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm

The 'disable effects during recording' option is a great idea. A refinement on this could include an option to keep the fx on the channel(s) being recorded on.

The idea behind this is quite often you can turn off the fx on all the other tracks without affecting the recording performance too much but keeping the sound you've created specially for the recorded track are usually essential to the recording process (ie. an amp effect from the THM plugin or a reverb on a vocal).

So to sum up, all the other tracks would turn off their fx to save CPU except the channels being recorded. Hope that makes sense.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:59 pm

This is already a feature. Just tap and hold on the record enable button, and a menu will pop up. Choose "Record Effect" to ensure that the effects get recorded for that track.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Rim wrote:This is already a feature. Just tap and hold on the record enable button, and a menu will pop up. Choose "Record Effect" to ensure that the effects get recorded for that track.

Rim
I did see that in the manual but assumed it meant record the effect in real time onto the track making changes to the effect after recording impossible, is this not the case?

If that is the case, what I was proposing was allowing the effect to be heard but only recording the 'pre-effect' raw audio thereby allowing further changes after.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:35 pm

OK, I misunderstood what you wrote. This is possible if you uncheck the "record effects" option. In this way, the effects are live while you record (except the convolution reverb - it's the only exception), but they don't get actually recorded.

Rim

jpomeroy3

Post by jpomeroy3 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 am

If you could add wireless capability, where you could take the iPad out of it's interface and walk around the room making adjustments you could compete with the Mackie DL1608 and use it for live sound as well as recording.
I can't wait for MIDI and instrument plug-ins.(but I will) I LOVE this app. THANK YOU FOR INVENTING IT!

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm

it'd be great if deselect for the group select tool was a "double-tap" instead of a "single-tap" or otherwise if it was added to the undo list - so when a user trying to group select 50+ regions accidentally deselects on zoom, it'd be allot faster to just hit undo. rather than having to always lock the group, zoom/scroll around, then unlock+tap again to begin group selection again to add more regions to the group.. etc etc. otherwise a select all beyond(or before) the cursor would be awesome! anyway those features would help those trying to really work out songs within auria allot! :)
Last edited by offthesky on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noise.offthesky.com