Release the apps Memory after finishing Use

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

kawase

Release the apps Memory after finishing Use

Post by kawase » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 am

Hi,
I just bought the long awaited 48 track ipad app. Just sending a suggestion to the developer team.
2 things that are inter-related.
I think the app should have an exit or close choice in the menu.
The 2nd part is, it appears the app holds the resources of the ipad (I have a 3rd gen). The coders need to put a close statement that releases the memory and resources after you click the home button at the bottom of the ipad.
Have a routine written that allows the user the option to save the current project... then allow the complete closure of the app.

Just so you know how I figured this out. I ran your app. hit the ipad home button... went to my garageband... and it did not have enough memory or resources to work.
Unless I missed the close/quit button on your app... I think this will become a big issue for ipad users.

So in a nutshell.. auria pro app needs a quit application button.. and have a routine that releases the ipad resources.

note: the only way I could release your app was to shut my ipad off... then garageband worked again...

Cheers

Lee Kawase
PS. Does your company offer its shares for sale on the stock market? or can the public buy shares in your company?
If your investor relations can email me that info, I am insterested: voici@hotmail.com

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Release the apps Memory after finishing Use

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

Hi,

Thanks, but unfortunately the iPad runs a little differently in that regard than programs on a mac or PC:

1. Apple doesn't allow quit or exit buttons
2. Apps always retain their memory after you close the app (by pressing home). The reason is because apps never actually quit, Instead, they are suspended. The operating system manages all the memory for you.

If you find that you're running out of memory, just double click on the home button, and tap/hold on all the apps you see in that lower bar, to close them. Once they are closed, they no longer take up any memory.

Note: rebooting an iPad doesn't free up any memory, as all apps that were loaded before the reboot get loaded again. The only way to guarantee that you free their memory is to close them as I mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rim

kawase

Post by kawase » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. Still new to the iPads inner workings.
New question.

I am playing the demo that came with the app.
When I drop a fader, for some reason the channel meter just keeps going up n down. I thought when you slide the fader to the bottom the meter beside it usually drops too?

Thx.

If I mess up the demo song where can I get another copy or demo to practice with. Thx

Lee

robertreynolds

Post by robertreynolds » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:16 pm

I believe you can download the demo song as a free in-app purchase. Just go to the Auria store in app.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes, the demo can be re-downloaded from the store for free (under Demos)

The meter behavior can be changed in the settings. It's pre-fader by default, but can be set to post-fader.

Rim

Androcid

Post by Androcid » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Rim wrote:
The meter behavior can be changed in the settings. It's pre-fader by default, but can be set to post-fader.

Rim

Dang! Never thought of that, always wondered, bout that.

kawase

video import

Post by kawase » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi,
So far the app has been great. I just downloaded the video addon but when I go into the Menu, the load video option does not show up?
I can see the videos in the document folder via itunes for the app, and I tried both mov and mp4 video files... still it does not show up?
any suggestions... I also closed the app and rebooted the ipad just in case...

Lee

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:16 am

There should be two new menu items located in the menu: Show Video Preview and Load Video. If you don't see these, go to the Auria Store, and press the button at the top right (Restore Purchase).

Rim

fos

Post by fos » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 pm

hi,
the reference is wrong, this is about loading video. i have the same problem as kawase, posted aug 31, 2012.
bought a refurbished iPad 4th generation a few days ago, downloaded auria and the video add-on. iTunes tells me the video is there in auria. the auria store tells me the add-on is installed. i have "restored purchase" 3 times but the "Load Video" menu item is still grayed out. so far, there is no other data in the project. do i have to add other audio before adding the video? or is this another compatibility problem?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:34 am

This is a known bug in Auria 1.10 (see the post about this in the Bug thread). I've fixed this in 1.11, which should be available soon.

Rim

fos

Post by fos » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 am

thanks Rim. i record regularly on image and so for me the bug means a serious obstacle to working with auria. let’s hope the update will be available very soon now!