Modifying Control Points Causes Crashing

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

aapter

Modifying Control Points Causes Crashing

Post by aapter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Has anyone else had any crash issues with adding/deleting/modifying control points on a track? Specifically with adjusting volume levels and amount of send to an aux? If I accidentally add a control point and then undo Auria crashes without fail. My CPU reading is around 20% on a 16 track session on an iPad 2

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Modifying Control Points Causes Crashing

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 am

Please tell me exactly how you get it to crash reliably like that. This is very valuable information, especially if you can come up with a step by step list of instructions so that I can duplicate it here.

Thanks,
Rim

aapter

Post by aapter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 pm

The crash occurs every time I attempt to delete a control point. Editing automation in Auria is still a work in progrogress from what I can tell in the discussions. When I mistakingly touch a region in a way that adds a new control point, I hit the undo button and without fail the program crashes. I'm on iOS 5 using an iPad 2. Is there any more specific info you need? I can make the session available on Dropbox. Hell, I'm close enough in Chicago that I could walk over and demonstrate it. Ha.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 pm

So it's pressing undo that causes the crash, or using the "delete control point" function?

Rim

aapter

Post by aapter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Undo creating a control pooint causes the crashes. I've also noticed that undo moving a control point also causes the instantaneous crash.

aapter

Post by aapter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 pm

I just found another sure fire way to get a crash: modifying the preset on the stereo delay on my aux 2 channel. I can change the preset exactly once without out a problem. The second time it ALWAYS causes a crash.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 am

OK, great, having exact way to duplicate crashes are very helpful. I should have that one fixed. Please let me know step by step how to make that other bug happen.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 am

This doesn't happen for me. I tried creating several control points, moving them, then undoing, and no crash. Can you please try this using the Approach demo song on track 1, and see if it crashes? Maybe you're doing it in a different way than I am.

Rim

aapter

Post by aapter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am

I opened the Approach and added, moved around, and undid the actions several times and had no crashes. I went back to my session that was having problems and it crashed the first time I undid any control point move.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:36 am

Perfect. Please send me your project. If I can get it to crash every time, I should be able to fix this quickly.

Thanks,
Rim