Audiobus will be available in 1.06

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sealpt
Expert

Re: Audiobus will be available in 1.06

Post by sealpt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 pm

The minute you download the Auria update it will show up in Audiobus. This is going to be a powerful update.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes, that's right. It will show up in the list once the update is out.

trupro, yes, audiobus will allow you to record other apps that support audiobus in real time.

Rim

starsky

Post by starsky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Rim - cant wait for audiobus to arrive in Auria - back in the summer I read about Auria and then about audiobus being developed and both are the reason for me going out and getting an iPad..

My one thought on CPU issues - and please forgive me if this turns out to be very naive... My main observation with using audiobus so far with a DAW (multitrack up til update will be available...) is that
1. I mostly need the DAW to give me a 'guide track' to play/record alongside, just like you would in any studio setting, layering up new tracks over the audio in your monitor headphones created from previously recorded tracks
2. Most apps seem to want to max out the iPad all by themselves eg Korg Polysix (though I see your point about Audiobus' requirements for CPU usage).
..so my point is - would there be a way of creating a function that allows the current tracks in an Auria project to be played/output to audiobus as if it were an 'instant' mixdown, summing the entire session into one stereo audio send that isn't requiring Auria's in-house editing CPU usage?
Perhaps I am answering my own question by suggesting that I just make my own rough mixdown of my current project and place in a new project (as you have already suggested..!!) to get round the CPU issue.

Hope this makes sense.. :-/

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I would do - make a mixdown to minimize the CPU usage. Of source if you have an iPad4, it's not as much of an issue.

Rim

starsky

Post by starsky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks Rim
Looking forward to getting to work with audiobus!

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Rim wrote:Yes, that's right. It will show up in the list once the update is out.

trupro, yes, audiobus will allow you to record other apps that support audiobus in real time.

Rim
OMG THIS IS AWESOME!! :D