Audiobus

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Audiobus

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:58 pm

I have found an Audiobus bug that I can repeat everytime. I take a drum beat from say DM1 or Funckbox or even import the beat from audiocopy and set Auria up to match the tempo and all. Ok so everything records and plays back fine and on time. Now when I go to add another Audiobus synth, upon listening back the second bar of the drums goes off beat for just one beat then its back to normal. After the track is recorded it all plays fine but again when I go to recoed another track that same missed beat is still there. So doesnt affect the recording and only happens at the beginning of the second bar but never again. Cant seem to get this to stop doing this. Any help here. I can work around this by not starting to record untl after the second bar but I dont get this with any other Audiobus recording app.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

Ged2323

Post by Ged2323 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Jus wrote:Edit: Sorry Rim didn't see you replied , I was just replying to an earlier bit of the thread

Hi, GED

Yep, it's definitely the Irig mate just put a drum loop into into Auria put my guitar into irig through overloud.
Pressed play. The drums are bleeding into the Guitar track ,I wasn't even playing :shock:
8) 8) 8)

It sounds really bad just playing the Guitar as well , you wouldn't believe the difference if you get an Apogee :D
Cheers

Cool going to order one today try look great so do the irig Hd but no pricing on it yet.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am

It sounds to me like you're hearing audiobus's live monitoring compensation. Audiobus will fill in gaps and compensate latency automatically when there's a big CPU load. Does this only happen with certain synths?

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Rim wrote:It sounds to me like you're hearing audiobus's live monitoring compensation. Audiobus will fill in gaps and compensate latency automatically when there's a big CPU load. Does this only happen with certain synths?

Rim
Not sure who your talking to here Rim but if it's me than the answer is it doesnt matter what synth I use. If I have a drum beat recorded into Auria as my main beat to go by, when I record another track using Audiobus, the 1st beat of the second bar goes off beat then returns to normal. Has anyone else experienced this because this happens to me everytime. I use an iPad 4 so no speed problems here, nothing running in the background, only one track recorded into Auria, no FX, just simple track recording. I can send a sound video to demonstrate this. I use all the top synths and drum machines and it does this everytime. Anyone else experiencing this and if not why my is this happening on my system. As I mentioned I dont get this problem with any other audiobus recording app. Can you look into this Rim,
Thanks.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Rim wrote:It sounds to me like you're hearing audiobus's live monitoring compensation. Audiobus will fill in gaps and compensate latency automatically when there's a big CPU load. Does this only happen with certain synths?

Rim
Not sure who your talking to here Rim but if it's me than the answer is it doesnt matter what synth I use. If I have a drum beat recorded into Auria as my main beat to go by, when I record another track using Audiobus, the 1st beat of the second bar goes off beat then returns to normal. Has anyone else experienced this because this happens to me everytime. I use an iPad 4 so no speed problems here, nothing running in the background, only one track recorded into Auria, no FX, just simple track recording. I can send a sound video to demonstrate this. I use all the top synths and drum machines and it does this everytime. Anyone else experiencing this and if not why my is this happening on my system. As I mentioned I dont get this problem with any other audiobus recording app. Can you look into this Rim,
Thanks.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~
I've now done a series of tests and here is what I came up with. The delayed drum beat remains regardles of the apps I'm using if I have the drum track starting at 1:1. Bar 1 beat 1. But if I move the drums forward to 4:1:1 Bar 4 beat 1 then the problem goes away. I can repeat this over and over so there is a workaround but this seems strange and surely a BUG. Can anyone else here duplicate this.
Thanks

hselburn
Expert

Post by hselburn » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 pm

I know i am missing obvious. I set up Audiobus in Auria in the input matrix and opened Auria in the output slot in Audiobus with Sunrizer in the input slot. I enabled recording in Auria and Audiobus and when i played in Sunrizer i got no sound. An Auria for Audiobus tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Completely separate, i have a presonus 1818 which I think is working, then I see Focusrite comes out with the Scarlett 18i20! I cant keep buying interfaces! Darn you to Focusrite LOL

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:09 pm

I've had this also ,

Had a drum loop going in one track and Jamup through Audiobus in another

There's a glitch when you start to record :lol:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm

hselburn wrote:I know i am missing obvious. I set up Audiobus in Auria in the input matrix and opened Auria in the output slot in Audiobus with Sunrizer in the input slot. I enabled recording in Auria and Audiobus and when i played in Sunrizer i got no sound. An Auria for Audiobus tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Completely separate, i have a presonus 1818 which I think is working, then I see Focusrite comes out with the Scarlett 18i20! I cant keep buying interfaces! Darn you to Focusrite LOL
Do you see the VU meter of that track respond when you play Sunrizer? If you don't then something is not set up in the input matrix correctly for that track. There is a tutorial done by Maria that demonstrates Auria in Audiobus mode. I will try to find the link for you. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

Heres the link
http://discchord.com/blog/2013/1/25/tut ... imoog.html

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 am

Make sure the record monitor is enabled in auria's settings.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 am

About the first bar timing issue. I'll look into this. Not sure what could be causing that.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 am

Rim wrote:About the first bar timing issue. I'll look into this. Not sure what could be causing that.

Rim
Thanks Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Rim wrote:About the first bar timing issue. I'll look into this. Not sure what could be causing that.

Rim
Thanks Rim
Now that Im reading other posts on this issue it appears that what I was experiencing was due to having the count in on in Auria while in Audiobus.

warfaanax
Expert

Post by warfaanax » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:53 am

I have this count in problem also. If I record a track and double it with metronome it's fine. But if I use metronome with "count in" it goes out of sync after around the first beat and everything goes out of sync. I can't record because of this. How am I supposed to double a guitar track if the first track goes out of sync white using count in with metronome?

This happens even if I don't record the second track. If I record one track with count in and play after with metronome and count it turned on you can clearly hear first track goes out of sync with metronome. Can include this in the next update?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 am

See my response to your other post. This can happen if you start recording at a different location every time. To avoid this, rewind to the start for every recording pass, and the count-in should be fine. I'll fix this for the next update.

Rim