Auria 1.06 Bugs

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria 1.06 Bugs

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 am

Ok, this can happen if you already made one automation pass, then recorded over it a second time. In this case, the second pass will be just overdubbing on top of what was there, so when you let go of a control, it will jump back to what was there previously. In these cases, I suggest keeping your finger on the control the whole time.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 am

But it was not a recording of an automation,i manually placed the control points.I prefer to do it this way.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 am

OK, so I guess I'm not understanding where the problem is. I think it might be helpful to know in your picture, which points you deliberately made, and if there are points that Auria made automatically?

Rim

Sinapsya1

Post by Sinapsya1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Rim...
when I mix down my recording come with 5 seconds of big noise at the end....

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 pm

That's not normal. Can you tell me more about that project? Is it reproducible? Does it only make the noise when certain plugins are active? Could you try with some plugins disabled and see if it goes away? Is you project using 32 or 64 bit mode?

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 am

okay,regarding the automation i made a simple example with just one control point.Easy to reproduce although i could not reproduce it all (but most of) the time in a new/clean project.

in picture 1

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3153 ... es_jpg.htm

you see a volume automation.Just one control point.after setting this point manually the automation lane showed
up and"jumped"completely into the correct position (zero db in this case).So far,so good.No problem at all,setting the FIRST automation behaves like I expect (and know it from Logic)it.

In picture 2

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3153 ... 5u_jpg.htm

i will add a second automation on (channelstrip)EQ Output.No control point set yet.The blue automation lane
is already there (even without manually setting the first control point) but still shows the original value from the first automation.It doesnt matter which parameter i choose or how many automation i'll add on this track.the blue lane of any following automation always reflect the original value from the first activated automation.Before i set a first control point.Which i will do in...

...picture 3

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3153/ma3cxyl5_jpg.htm

I set a control point for the EQ output now and left from this point the lane jumped to the real EQ output value now (good)but right from the control point it's still holding the value of the FIRST automation (bad).Hope that was clear enough :)

It might be not a big deal but if you work with a lot of automation (sometimes i use 4-5 on one track)it's more work to find the original value again.Theres no finetuning of a control point and in many situations small diffences in value can be a noticeably difference in sound.All following automations on the same track should just behave like the first one (and in the best case showing the correct original value before setting a first control point as well).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 am

Thanks, that's very clear now, and I can see where the problem is. Thanks so much for the help with this.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

no problem,glad i could help.

gsv

Post by gsv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 am

I have been getting a crash message every time I start Auria from either an iPad reset or from closing Auria using the double tap home method. Background Audio and Audiobus are NOT enabled in settings... I don't think this behaviour occurred prior to 1.06 but that could simply be bad memory on my part... it doesn't affect anything that I wish to do but it would be nice if the app was able to close gracefully...

The difference in battery life that I achieve if I close all apps that aren't immediately needed is huge... and Auria runs down on memory often enough in use for me to need to restart the iPad often... for that matter when I first upgraded to 1.0.6 the app recovered memory till it was at about 190MB (iPad 2) from a starting point of abot 16MB... but hasn't done so lately... I thought at the time that it was a fix for the 'memory issue'.

Regarding that... I recall reading somewhere that this problem of decreasing memory was an issue with the way the iPad reports memory... in my mind I perceived it as possibly something similar to the old leakage problems of C, hence my cautious attention to rebooting (can't break a windows heritage) regardless if there was an attempt to change this behaviour it doesn't seem to be working now...

Neither of these things are big enough issues to stop my work flow but they are not a symptom of 'elegance' in an amazing application so thought I would mention... as this was already being discussed here thought it was more appropriate to post rather than open a new one...

Pointyhat
Expert

Post by Pointyhat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:16 am

gsv wrote:I have been getting a crash message every time I start Auria from either an iPad reset or from closing Auria using the double tap home method. Background Audio and Audiobus are NOT enabled in settings... I don't think this behaviour occurred prior to 1.06 but that could simply be bad memory on my part... it doesn't affect anything that I wish to do but it would be nice if the app was able to close gracefully...

Neither of these things are big enough issues to stop my work flow but they are not a symptom of 'elegance' in an amazing application so thought I would mention... as this was already being discussed here thought it was more appropriate to post rather than open a new one...
I believe I origanally reported the issue highlighted above and can confirm that this is new behaviour in 1.06 and while not a show stopper, it is irritating and also makes Auria appear much more flakey than it actually is when demoing it to potential new users.

Pointyhat
Expert

Post by Pointyhat » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:40 am

Just an update on this, a complete cold reboot (not sure that is the apple terminology), I.e. holding down the home and on off switch for 10 secs sorted this out and now the error message is no longer displaying when I start auria irrespective of whether using audiobus or not.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 am

This should be fixed now in 1.07.

Rim