Metronome count in bug and latency problem!!

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

warfaanax
Expert

Metronome count in bug and latency problem!!

Post by warfaanax » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:13 am

I have this count in problem. If I record a track and double it with metronome it's fine. But if I use metronome with "count in" it goes out of sync after around the first beat and everything goes out of sync. I can't record because of this. How am I supposed to double a guitar track if the first track goes out of sync white using count in with metronome?

This happens even if I don't record the second track. If I record one track with count in and play the recorded track after with metronome and count it turned on you can clearly hear first track goes out of sync with metronome. It's makes it impossible to double a track. This is a HUGE problem while recording.

Also when I directly plug my guitar to auria via USB interface latency is very tolerable almost none. However if I play through Jamup---audiobus---auria there is a latency. I tried every possible combination in setting menus of auria but no luck. Latency is present even if I choose 128 from setting menu.

This 2 problem makes recording almost impossible. I can't double a perfect guitar track unless I plug directly to auria which will be a dry guitar signal which is useless.

Could you please include fixes for these situations as well this annoying install screen bug? Every time I open from audiobus it does this. I have ipad4 btw.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Metronome count in bug and latency problem!!

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 am

Are you using iOS 5? Auria is not compatible with iOS5 when using Audiobus, and may have latency and other issues.

As far as the metronome problem, I am aware of this and will be looking into it for the next update. Are you starting from exactly the same place when you press record? This may be the problem. The count-in will count starting wherever you press play, so if that's not on a beat division, it may be out of time from the metronome. If you rewind the the start every time, you shouldn't have a problem.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 am

Rim wrote:Auria is not compatible with iOS5 when using Audiobus, and may have latency and other issues.
I've been following this forum for months but I'd not realised the above was WaveMachine's official position on Audiobus and iOS6. Perhaps I wasn't paying sufficient attention. Maybe there should be a sticky topic on the subject.

Off to consider if the time has finally arrived to u/g to iOS6.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 am

Yes, sorry about that. I'll be exploring the issue in more detail for the next update (to see if it's possible to improve Audiobus iOS5 performance), but for now, we're not recommending it.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Rim. Something tells me you must be very, very busy right now :)

warfaanax
Expert

Post by warfaanax » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 am

Rim wrote:Are you using iOS 5? Auria is not compatible with iOS5 when using Audiobus, and may have latency and other issues.

As far as the metronome problem, I am aware of this and will be looking into it for the next update. Are you starting from exactly the same place when you press record? This may be the problem. The count-in will count starting wherever you press play, so if that's not on a beat division, it may be out of time from the metronome. If you rewind the the start every time, you shouldn't have a problem.

Rim
No I am running iOS 6.1. I even uninstalled auria , audiobus and Jamup pro then reinstalled them. I went further and did a restore to iPad without installing backup just to start clean all over again and no luck. Still the same.

No, metronome problem is there even if I start from the beginning. If I don't use count in everyone is fine. Even if there is a latency from audiobus and Jamup to auria it doesn't go off beat. I double tap the rewind button and start from 0 in timeline and it misses. I can hear how it skips the beat. It starts fine for several beats but then there is this skipping noise for a sec and then it's out of sync. It seems like it starts fine for 2 seconds and then something happens and suddenly becomes off beat. Just to be sure I tried to record directly to auria without opening any other app and still the same.

Btw if that makes a difference for your fix I have auria Le and using 2 channel usb interface and monitoring through USB interface, although I tried to monitor directly from iPad and no difference.

I also hope this constant appearing of installation window issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for your efforts Rim.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for the additional info. I'll look into this.

Rim

TUKK

Post by TUKK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm running a Focusrite 18i6 with no latency problems. I am, however, experiencing the weird count in/ metronome problems. It is so bad that I seriously considered returning Auria and all the Fabfilter plug ins. It's a shame because both (Auria and Fabfilter) are awesome. I'm glad to hear that this issue is being worked on but we all need to be given a time frame on when we can expect it. Two or three months down the road is a deal breaker.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:03 pm

I really can't tell you how long it'll be until I release the next update. 1.07 has a long list of bug fixes and improvements. You can check the status of the work I'm doing on the list by visiting the bug list thread. If Count-in is giving you trouble, I recommend disabling it. You can get around using a count-in by simply letting the metronome run for a bar or two before starting your recording. The metronome itself is rock-solid.

Rim