Drumagog Files issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rossidrums

Drumagog Files issue

Post by rossidrums » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello!

So I have a ton of .gog files, and I wanted to organize them all. So, I created a folder on my Desktop called Gog Files and then I copied all of the .gog files in there. Then, in the folder, I created multiple other folders, including Snares, Crashes, Electronic Snares, Kicks, etc. I zipped it all up, put the zip into the Auria file-sharing list in iTunes, and...

...nothing. I did get a message when I first opened Auria saying it was uncompressing files, but when I pulled up Drumagog, none of the files or folders are there. All I can see is the Document Folder, which has audio and other things I've used, but not a single gog file. Help????

rossidrums

Re: Drumagog Files issue

Post by rossidrums » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Oh, if it matters, a few other bits of info:

- I did not create any additional sub-folders (like Gog Files ---> Snares ---> Favorites or whatever), it's just the initial folder, which got zipped, then all the other folders inside it.

- I am running a 128 gig 4th gen iPad with over 75 gigs of memory still available on it.

- I did a hard reset before and after, and had no other apps running.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:34 pm

get a copy of ifunbox (if your on a mac its free) and you can easily drag and drop files directly into the folders you want within Auria. Soooooo much easier than using itunes.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Drumagog needs the Gog Files folder to have a very precise format. First, it won't read any gog files within the Gog Files folder. They need to be within Folders inside the Gog Files folder. Also, they can't be zipped. You can zip the entire folder when you're done creating it, but it shouldn't have any other zip files in it. The name of the folder is very important too. It must be Gog Files, with a capital G and a capital F.

It should look something like this:

Gog Files
Snares
snare1.gog
snare2.gog
Bass Drums
bd1.gog
bd2.gog

Rim

rossidrums

Post by rossidrums » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Yup. Did all that. But I'll try the mentioned program when I get home tonight.

rossidrums

Post by rossidrums » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:59 pm

ifunbox worked amazingly well! Thanks!

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Were did you put the gog files i cant seem to find them in drumagog in Auria. The browser shows nothing. i dont see a drumagog file folder or Gog Files ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 am

Drumagog needs to have a folder called Gog Files in the main Auria (Documents) folder. If you don't see one, create one, then create subfolders inside that folder and put your gog files into those subfolders. Please note, the spelling and capitalization is important in Gog Files.

Rim