pro q display change/option request

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gjcyrus
Expert

pro q display change/option request

Post by gjcyrus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:59 am

hello,

I typically sweep the EQ for every track when mixing and definitely before final mix down to find the sweet spots of each track, and then apply subtractive EQ appropriately. i do this by raising the eq's gain to about 10-13 db and narrowing the q to about 30 or more and then sweeping across the diff frequencies listening for what sounds good to me for a slight bump and what sounds harsh, bringing it down. However, I've noticed a problem several times when I get to the high end around 20000 hz or higher is that my finger hits the 30 db gain button under the help button in the menu. or for that matter, i end up hitting the menu anywhere in the frequency range where the gain is close to 13 db. The 30 db button Is the one where you can choose either 3 db, 6 db, 12 db or 30 db. Is there a way I can make that disappear or make menu inactive or disappear so I don't keep hitting it when I do this process? Otherwise forget sweeping the EQ in the high end because I always hit that button or menu. If I reduce the gain, it makes it harder to use my ears.

Thanks in advance

Rim
Site Admin

Re: pro q display change/option request

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 am

I suggest posting this suggestion on the FabFilter forum, as they make Pro-Q, and would be able to incorporate changes like this:

http://www.fabfilter.com/forum

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:01 am

Hi Rim,

FabFilter doesn't let none pc/Mac customers to register or post on their forum.
I once emailed them that I bought several plugins via Auria and they answered me that they can't provide me a user for their forum and that I should use email to ask questions. :o

Thanks,
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 am

Oh, Ok. I wasn't aware of that. I'll email this thread to them.

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:15 am

I am a forum member of Fabfilter and I registered with no problem, simply sign up with an email and password. If you check the forum you will see a post by myself and another Auria user thanking Fabfilter for their great apps they ported to Auria. I have also emailed them and received great responses. So just go to their site and click my account, then click Forum then in the search type in Auria and all the posts regarding Auria pop up. Then you can reply to a post or you can create a new post with nothing more than your email address. . cheers.hope this helps.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Anthony,

Did you buy a FF plugin for PC/MAC before?

I don't see a signup link there.
I only see:
Where's my account?

If you haven't received an e-mail with login details for your account, try to retrieve your password using your e-mail address. Otherwise, just send us an e-mail.
I didn't recive any email from them.
Also here is what there tech support sent me (i only marked with bold and underscore the main point):
Hi Shay,

You can participate in our forum without needing a FabFilter account! (You get an account after your first regular plugin purchase.)

Cheers,

Frederik Slijkerman
FabFilter Software Instruments
:cry:

Thanks,
Shay

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:53 am

Yes as it says you can post on their forum without and account. If you want an account which shows the purchase cart then you need an account with a purchased plugin but if you just want to post a problem or question on the forum than you don't need an account. You only need an account if you want to purchase plugins from their site. cheers.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 am

I'm so green :oops: I see that...
I thought i needed an account to post.

Thank you very much Anthony.
Your help is much appreciated.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello all I also like to sweep with the proQ. Unfortunately I can no longer
hear anything a good ways from 20000hz but if I could I'd use the frequency
control knob for that point. Also I've noticed if you hold on the control
point it will pass behind the gain menu without bringing it up. I also use a
stylus but that's a whole other story. Best of luck with your sound engineering!
I could use your ears!
jp

fabfilter

Post by fabfilter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:39 am

Well, as long as you don't release your finger, you can sweep "behind" the gain range button. Otherwise we'd suggest to use the Frequency knob to get the curve out from behind the button.

PS. You can post on our forum without an account. Using our forum or e-mailing us directly (use the Contact link on our web site) is the best way to get support!

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks for your help guys. I'll try that suggestion.