2 New Brilliant Apps

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

2 New Brilliant Apps

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:37 pm

Just wanted to recommend 2 New great music apps. The first is the new release from Waldorf Music makers of very nice stuff. The synthesizer is called NAVE and I have it and it's on sale for $11.99 right now and Holy Ssstttt this one is amazing. Blows everything out of the water. You seriously must check this out. I can't stop watching the app load. You will know what ai mean if you own it.

2. BEAT MACHINE by Primitive Digital Software A new and very effective drum sample player that lets you load your own 24/16 bit samples in stereo or mono and sequence them hit by hit with velocity,ADSR p/Filter for wpevery sample/ pan/mixer/audiobus/midi clock sync/ a nice clean interface and so much more and affordable.

I 've been using it on my new tracks and it is really easy to program yet very powerful. It has allowed me to finally program my drums like they should. And for some reason my samples play back as they should, big and real sounding.

So check these new tools to help you create. Cheers and hope this helps.
~~_/)~~~*

Jus
Expert

Re: 2 New Brilliant Apps

Post by Jus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:09 am

+1 for Nave it's the Synth I've been waiting for
Defently what's been missing in my life ;)
Best 8 Quid I've spent

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:42 am

I just bought Nave without even checking a review, because i know nLog and it sounds just great.

I have one question now though, maybe you can help me here. How do i set the cutoff for the whole sound, and not just the filter env? A simple feature that sure works with the modulations, but i haven't it figured it out yet. Any idea?

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:20 am

Thanks for pointing out NAVA, its excellent!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Geronimo wrote:I just bought Nave without even checking a review, because i know nLog and it sounds just great.

I have one question now though, maybe you can help me here. How do i set the cutoff for the whole sound, and not just the filter env? A simple feature that sure works with the modulations, but i haven't it figured it out yet. Any idea?
Hi Geronimo, I think you will find that in the Env/Filters section. There you can select the differend band LP HP filters. The big dial in the center of this page does this. Hope this helps.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~*

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Geronimo wrote:I just bought Nave without even checking a review, because i know nLog and it sounds just great.

Hi Geronimo, I think you will find that in the Env/Filters section. There you can select the differend band LP HP filters. The big dial in the center of this page does this. Hope this helps.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~*
That i know, but it only works via the adsr envelopes, and not like a usual overall cutoff. Will figure this out pretty soon i'm sure. Just owned it for about a day and already love the sound and handling. NLog, while sounding fantastic, was always a bit unintuitive to use.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Don't forget about Galileo, Yonac's incredible organ emulation app. Quite the week!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:49 pm

That i know, but it only works via the adsr envelopes, and not like a usual overall cutoff.

I'm not sure what your going for but as far as my tests the HP/LP/BP filters work on the entire sound as you can remove the entire sound if you dial the LP/HP filter all the way. The ADSR Attack,Decay,Sustain,Release do affect the sound but are not in control of the LP/HP/BP filters. How would you bandpass just the Attack? or Decay?
This is working for me here !
Hope this helps. Cheers
~~_/)~~~*

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 am

lol i've just noticed that i'm unable to import any audio from Nave into Auria because i'm working with AudioCopy and don't plan to own Audiobus until the new iPad arrives. Any ideas?

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Just downloaded Beat-Machine as it were only £1.50 lol great price
And were able to Audiopaste Drumloops HD individual hits and make my own loop ha ha bloody brill :mrgreen:

Cheers for the info on that ,you could do that ,I would have bypassed it otherwise :lol:

Can you import your own drum samples into Drumagog does anyone know :arrow: :roll: :wink: that would be Great also :mrgreen:

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:44 pm

@geronimo they both support copy and paste. Try the 'copy beatmaker' option in nave. Not in front of my iPad at the moment so chances are I'm off a bit there! But it works.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:52 pm

Ger: If you mean copying from the 4 track in Nave into Auria, just dubble tap on a track and choose any copy option (it supports intua and Sonoma). I don't think there's a way to copy the mixdown, only separate audio tracks, for now at least. But just copy the tracks into the Sonoma pasteboard, it can hold 12 audio files. And paste each one into Auria.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 pm

ChrisG wrote:Ger: If you mean copying from the 4 track in Nave into Auria, just dubble tap on a track and choose any copy option (it supports intua and Sonoma). I don't think there's a way to copy the mixdown, only separate audio tracks, for now at least. But just copy the tracks into the Sonoma pasteboard, it can hold 12 audio files. And paste each one into Auria.
Man, thank you. You guys are so great. I've never seen such a suportive and kind forum. Glad i invested my money in Auria and still stick with it, although i'm missing MIDI hard :)

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Nave is amazing - but beatmachine seems to be a little unstable when I use it via virtual midi with Cubasis - I have to say I just got Cubasis because I couldn't wait for the AuriaMidi- Thing coming up .....as soon as there is midi in Auria I will be using Auria only for sure .... But dropping the files from Cubasis into Auria for the mix and mastering is much easier than I exspected...so take your time RIM ...when Auria matches with midi it will be crossing the Finish-Line as the first perfect iDAW for sure ! Thnks for the hints with Nave and Beatmachine - My suggestions here are also GALILEO and (because of the prive drop) MAGELLAN - they both come from the same developers and are really worth every penny !
Cheers ...great forum ! Pipo

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 pm

...I forgot one very interesting app.... It's called NEOSOUL-KEYS - its free in demo version and than one can choose from three different rhodes/wurlitzer- emulations ...believe me I am really tired of rhodeslike sounds but when I tried this one I started falling in love again ...they sound really authentic as they made 6 layers per key and also sampled the funny artfactish noises from those beautiful epianos .... !
Regards Pipo