2 New Brilliant Apps

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: 2 New Brilliant Apps

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:08 pm

pipo79 wrote:Nave is amazing - but beatmachine seems to be a little unstable when I use it via virtual midi with Cubasis - I have to say I just got Cubasis because I couldn't wait for the AuriaMidi- Thing coming up .....as soon as there is midi in Auria I will be using Auria only for sure .... But dropping the files from Cubasis into Auria for the mix and mastering is much easier than I exspected...so take your time RIM ...when Auria matches with midi it will be crossing the Finish-Line as the first perfect iDAW for sure ! Thnks for the hints with Nave and Beatmachine - My suggestions here are also GALILEO and (because of the prive drop) MAGELLAN - they both come from the same developers and are really worth every penny !
Cheers ...great forum ! Pipo
Yes there still are some bugs to work out in Beat Machine but mostly with the midi. I am in contact with the developes and they will be adding many more features and stability. Also Cubasis midi has issues so it's coming from both sides. Really wish all app developers could follow a stable system that works with every app. I don't know why some apps work great with midi and others simply don't. Cheers bro.
~~_/)~~~*

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:51 pm

In Nave, if you double tap on the waldorf logo in the upper right corner, an oscilloscope will popup. You can change the number of samples it is drawing by dragging your finger horizontally and size vertically. And Rim wasn't kidding when he said that iPad is not good at drawing lines. My iPad 2 the oscilloscope becomes a slideshow at anything above 600-800 samples/lines (it goes from 50 up to 6000 something). Just a fun thng I picked up from the Audiobus forum from some member.

Anyway point being I suddenly got a lot more appreciation for the work behind Aurias editing window. :)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 am

Another new synth today by PropellerHead makers of Reason introduce Thor Polysonic Synthesizer. $14.99 at the app store. This is the same as the PC version. Very powerful synthesizer. Wow this has been a good week for iOS synths. It's hard to believe that we get all this synth power at such affordable prices. A Yamaha DX7 was $2000 and did nothing compared to these synths we get on iOS for under $20. Amazing tools we can all afford. Now if only Korg would just release an iOS version of the Trinity, life would be sureal. Cheets.
~~_/)~~~*

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 am

I had a Korg Trinity+ back in the 90s (OMG I'm getting old!), I doubt we'll see it as a plug on any platform soon. But who knows. I got all these diskettes somewhere with all my Trinity songs on, would be fun to try and recover some of that. Maybe the M1 tho? They got that one as a software plug so. Or the Wavestation. Preferably both lol..

Anyway, yep Thor is really really nice. The more complex presets like pads etc do bring my iPad 2 to its knees regardless of Thors buffer setting. Lowering the voice poly on the keyboard screen a few voices usually takes care of it tho. Haven't tried it with Audiobus and Auria yet, but I hope it works.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 am

I've made a bank with new presets for Nave. I'm usually just fiddling around with factory presets when it comes to synths, but Nave is just so much fun and easy to work with so been reading the manual and done around 20 presets from scratch. I recorded a bunch of the presets with Auria and posted to soundcloud. On iPad 2, Auria and Nave gets along really well so I just recorded a few chords and sounds using various presets from the bank, used the Audiobus sidebar to control Auria and recorded around 10+ tracks without any glitch. Anyway I'll just post the link to the Audiobus forum thread with all the dl links and audio demos (all free, and no license mumbo jumbo etc): http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1369/ ... ldorf-nave
Last edited by ChrisG on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:53 am

Nice Chris thanks so much for sharing your patches in Nave. They are brilliant. Thanks again.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm

And thank you (again). Glad you're liking em

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Cheers Chris. Lovely sounds 8)

I knew they would be my cuppa t clicked on your song links few months ago in your sigy and loved them some belters in there , I know they not nave sounds you used in those tunes but still nice
I'm a sucker for Pad & String sounds :mrgreen: just wish I could play the keys a little better 8)

Oh thanks to Zen with the heads up on the WinZip app. Managed to get the sounds straight into nave

It's ok I'm a Big Thanker :D

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks!

I'm a sucker for pads and strings too, and wind instruments (there's a French horns-like preset in there). And about the playing the keys, both the violin and horn preset is set to using the blades and mixolydian scale so you can't play it wrong (I used the scale for the presets demo on the soundcloud thing, basically hitting random keys/blades and using the x/y axis for volume). And you can obviously change scales and all that. They've opened up new possibilities for me too since I'm not exactly Mozart with the keys myself. :)

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 pm

So while we're all waiting for the new version of Auria, I've uploaded a new version of my Waldorf Nave preset bank with over 20 new preset to goof around with while waiting. I'll just copy paste all the stuff below, enjoy (or not)!

The new bank is up! Over 20 new presets added, and some tweaking on a few of the older ones. This batch of new presets are a bit warmer in general I'd say. Some more acoustic elements added like voices, strings (plucked and others), few arps, warmer pads etc. And again, you can shape most sounds (or fine tune) into something completely different with the x/y pad and/or the mod wheel. Hope you find something useful in there!

Sound examples for some of the newly added presets:
https://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1/nave-s ... eset-part2

And the first ones:
https://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1/nave-s ... reset-bank

Nave file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... G.navebank

Rar File (if the above don't work): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... ChrisG.rar

Nave supports Open In, so no need for a computer

(Note, importing banks via iTunes filesharing seems to crash the current version of Nave v.1.0, just delete the file again if that happens and download/import it on your iDevice)

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:40 am

I'm actually working on a lot of presets myself right now. But i'm not ready to share them yet. Another nice thing would be if you would offer some of your sounds to freesound.org, i think some users would greatly appreciate it.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks for the tip, looks like a good site gonna check it out. Anyone can download the presets tho, it's all in Dropbox links. I'm trying to maintain a thread over at the Audiobus forum with links to all the sites and people that are sharing banks for Nave, more and more are popping up which is fun! It's not for advertising tho, only sharing free stuff.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:08 am

Hi Everyone,

I bought both Nave and Thor.

Nave
Nave has an awesome UI and it is easy to create new sounds.
When it comes to recording, it seems that we need to wait for a better "cooked" version.
The internal recording (to use later with ACP) generates audio artifacts after recording more then one track.
Audiobus recording into Auria gives similar results and fills heavy.

The Arpeggiator is nice but I prefer 16 Steps than factory ARP patterns.

I guess it will stay on the shelf, collecting dust until a performance fix will come to AppStore.

Thor
Thor is a beast which provides plethora of dynamic control, like sound-routing and module-matrix, WOW.
It has an amazing interface and wonderful sound quality and variety.
On top of that they provided very good documentation.
Working with Audiobus and Auria was slick and good.
In a couple of minutes i recorded several tracks without any problem.

Thor is the winner APP for me.
God bless PropellerHeads and Auria (Rim & team) . :D
Last edited by Shay on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Did some AB recording with Nave tonight.. Noticed that although some of the presets did stutter, they could be fixed by simply turning off the Nave reverb. As much as I like the Nave reverb, it seems a bit CPU hungry and I prefer to add reverbs in the mix anyway (ie Auria)

Bog music

Post by Bog music » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Checkrath wrote:Did some AB recording with Nave tonight.. Noticed that although some of the presets did stutter, they could be fixed by simply turning off the Nave reverb. As much as I like the Nave reverb, it seems a bit CPU hungry and I prefer to add reverbs in the mix anyway (ie Auria)
Great tip, thanks for that, I was scratching my head trying to sort the stutter out
BTW Try pianoverb out on your nave channels = :o
Regards
Simon