Wave-form editor features

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

G-master G
Expert

Wave-form editor features

Post by G-master G » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 am

G’day guys

I am new to this site and to the whole world of the iPad but I like the look of Auria.
In short, I would like to start using Auria as an introduction to DAWs that are not Audacity (which is what I currently use).

One of the things that I want to be sure of before I buy Auria is that I can use it to achieve the things that I already achieve in Audacity but hopefully with better results and in an easier and more efficient way.
My two questions are firstly: Can you use the plug-ins and other effects in real-time? For example can I be listening to a track while I am applying compression or boosting and cutting different Eqs?

Secondly: For any given track can I expand the wave form so as to make micro-edits? And specifically am I able to identify a section of the waveform that might be an unwanted hum from a guitar or a breath in the vocals, select it (somehow) and then tell Auria to silence it (as opposed to cutting it?). So in short I want to know that Auria can create a small amount of silence in a designated part of the individual track where once there was noise.
Perhaps someone could list all of the wave-form editor’s features? I have seen some posts where they are referred to but the last word is always “etc.”.

Thanks for your help.

Grant

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Wave-form editor features

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 am

Grant,

Auria can absolutely do both. All plugins are in real time in Auria, and Auria is designed for "micro edits".

Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:01 pm

yup. you can silence a selection of audio without cutting it. There aren't too many "wave processing" features but there are tons of plugins and very robust automation. For direct processing there's Gain, Normalize, DC Offset, Reverse, and Silence.

G-master G
Expert

Post by G-master G » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Thank you both for your responses. On the strength of this information I will be purchasing Auria. Cheers.