ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi Geronimo, you can do this easily in of all apps Garageband for iPad. Simply choose the sampler as the instrument and choose your sample, you can record your samples through your audio interface for high quality. Then once the sample has been recorded use the setting PITCH, glide your finger across the piani keyboard and your glide effect is there with your own samples and you can record this glide onto a track as midi data. Cheers and hope this helps. ~~_/)~~~

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Hi Geronimo, you can do this easily in of all apps Garageband for iPad. Simply choose the sampler as the instrument and choose your sample, you can record your samples through your audio interface for high quality. Then once the sample has been recorded use the setting PITCH, glide your finger across the piani keyboard and your glide effect is there with your own samples and you can record this glide onto a track as midi data. Cheers and hope this helps. ~~_/)~~~
Cool, thank you a lot. Never looked deeper into Garageband, except for their string section, which is just excellent. Shame you can't select it as an input source in Audiobus, but the import into Auria is rather simple anyway.

I still would love to have an automatable, seamless pitch shift feature in Auria, because it's an interesting element for sound design. But it certainly isn't incredibly important. When it comes, it comes :)

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Can anyone tell me if I can record the metronome in Auria to create a click track? I need to actually see the click track, not just hear it.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:14 pm

hotlipslawson wrote:Can anyone tell me if I can record the metronome in Auria to create a click track? I need to actually see the click track, not just hear it.
Go to the input matrix click on l or r for the track you want metronome to appear then
arm the track and it will record some very metronomic looking wave forms
best jp

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

What happened to metronome controls?? It's not in "settings" anymore and I can't find it anywhere else. (???)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 pm

It's been moved to the editor page, so it's much easier to access. In the editor, you see a box with the tempo and time signature (in the upper left). Just double tap on that box.

Rim

Hendraputra

Post by Hendraputra » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:39 am

What is the name for auria tool that has same function as garageband "song section" so i can duplicate or add "section" as i want, in auria.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 am

Hendraputra wrote:What is the name for auria tool that has same function as garageband "song section" so i can duplicate or add "section" as i want, in auria.
Auria does not have the "section" function you speak of, but it is very easy to select an entire section and manipulate it and move it as a group.
Instructions for doing this start at page 51 in the manual.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:28 pm

I just updated to iOS 7.0. An entire 16 track project completely disappeared. I can no longer turn off any app running in the background. Scrolling up or down and expanding or collapsing tracks only works intermittently/inconsistently ????????? Sure hope I can get the project back with "restore backup". Please help with any suggestions.

Another question: Is there a better way to save tracks to my PC than "mixdown" ? Aren't I compressing/losing audio quality any/every time I mix tracks down?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:51 am

I'll try to help, but could you please explain in more detail what happened? In iOS7, to kill background apps, you double tap on the home button, then "flick up" each app screen you see.

The best way to save projects onto your PC is using a free program called iFunBox.

Rim

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Lots of great read on here,auria,rim,ect.....good stuff....

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:50 pm

How do you merge to tracks. I have three snare tracks and I want to route them to be recorded all together into one track. They are all hitting at the same time, so I can't just drag them on to a new track. I have audiobus, but it's a bit confusing if I need to route out of auria and back in. Thanks for the help. Also, a merge audio feature would be nice in auria so I wouldn't have to record all this in real time; I could just process it together.

Ok, I found a way to do this routing out the three snares to an aux, then routing that aux as the input to audiobus, then routing that sound sum back to auria into a new track and recording all that in real time. Is there an easier way?

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Coopmusic247 wrote:How do you merge to tracks. I have three snare tracks and I want to route them to be recorded all together into one track. They are all hitting at the same time, so I can't just drag them on to a new track. I have audiobus, but it's a bit confusing if I need to route out of auria and back in. Thanks for the help. Also, a merge audio feature would be nice in auria so I wouldn't have to record all this in real time; I could just process it together.

Ok, I found a way to do this routing out the three snares to an aux, then routing that aux as the input to audiobus, then routing that sound sum back to auria into a new track and recording all that in real time. Is there an easier way?
If I'm understanding correctly the easiest way to do this would be to solo the 3 snare tracks, then go into the menu and select Mixdown. From there select "mixdown to a new track" and you're done.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Manimpretty
Expert

Post by Manimpretty » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 am

So here's the thing, and I know there's no definitive answer, I'm just looking for some direction. When I "finish" my mixes to the point where I test on a variety of speakers there's a terrible harshness in the high end that I don't hear on my monitors or headphones. Things like hats,crashes, certain aspects of guitar… ect. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound bad or distorted, just, I don't know, unpleasant to the ears a med-loud levels. I find if I start cutting in that freq range it quickly gets too dull. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon.
Brandon.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 am

Are you using the Mixdown feature? If you are, make sure you don't choose "MP3" as the file type. Using MP3 will cause exactly the result you're describing. Make sure you choose either WAV or AIF.

Rim