Auria 1.12 Submitted to Apple

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Auria 1.12 Submitted to Apple

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:21 pm

FYI, I've submitted 1.12 to Apple today. This fixes the issue Auria LE users are having with accessing Audiobus, as well as several other fixes.

1.12 also features a new optional plug-in: Turnado.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Auria 1.12 Submitted to Apple

Post by ChrisG » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks Rim!

What's the price on Turnado? I do have the iOS version, but it's made for automation so would fit well inside Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:40 pm

They set the price at $19.99

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Nice. Same as the stand alone version. Thought they would set it a bit higher inside Auria, but I'm not complaining. Thanks again! :)

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Rim does that means that people who purchase the stand alone version got to pay again to use in Auria.
If this is so, I find thats a cash grad, there should be some process in place to eliminate this.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:12 am

Congrats @rim!

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:33 am

djjuniorpops wrote:Rim does that means that people who purchase the stand alone version got to pay again to use in Auria.
If this is so, I find thats a cash grad, there should be some process in place to eliminate this.

"Cash grab"? Don't complain to Wavemachine Labs about how this works. It's all Apple, and it's up to them to really do some fundamental changes to how all this works regarding cross-app purchases. As is now, iOS is a "sandboxed" system, there's no way to purchase a product outside of an app, and have that purchase register as an IAP purchase in another app too. Or vice versa. Rim & Co (or Sugar bytes) can't do anything about that. Also, Wavemachine Labs does not set the prices for the 3rd party products you can purchase inside Auria, and they do not receive any cash from the IAPs available from 3rd parties (like FabFilter, SugarBytes, PSPaudioware and so on), that's all in the respective companies hands (so Auria is as open as is possible with iOS right now). Hope that made sense! :)

Edit: And just to add, a lot of people wanted a native Auria version of Turnado, and people did ask Sugar Bytes to do it and they delivered, so that's a great thing me thinks

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 am

Yes Rim can you Ask Sunrizer to join Auria I'd pay again for it save loads of messing around
The More the better 8)

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 am

Jus wrote:Yes Rim can you Ask Sunrizer to join Auria I'd pay again for it save loads of messing around
The More the better 8)
How would you utilize it without midi sequencing?

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 am

Although i already own Turnado, this is a tempting offer, just for the automation feature alone.
And for the sake of having it all in one place.

Btw, what's the cpu usage of it, roughly?

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:43 am

djjuniorpops wrote:Rim does that means that people who purchase the stand alone version got to pay again to use in Auria.
While i understand this sentiment, the price is still a steal, even if you already bought it. And think about it,
both can be and are used in different contexts. For example, if i want to enhance the sound of a synth while playing with it, i can just load it up as an effect via Audiobus and it works like a charm. Granted, you can do the same thing with Auria, but it's not as immediate, and it probably will cost a bit more of precious processing power.

The whole matter would be an entirely different thing if the apps wouldn't be so incredibly low-priced. Turnado is easily worth 50 bucks on every iOS device, but it would definitely pose a problem if i had to pay twice for it in this case. Maybe there would be a workaround in form of codes or something then, but as long as that isn't the case, i don't have a problem at all with paying a reasonably small price twice for an excellent product.

Remember what Wolfgang Palm, the creator of PPG synths, said about developing software plug-ins: You don't make any money with VSTs anymore, because of all the piracy issues, but you actually do with apps today. Maybe that sheds a different light on paying a small price (even twice) for a good product :)

The world-on-a-stick-syndrome can lead to all kinds of difficulties pretty soon, and in many ways it already has. And don't we all want the highest possible quality in one way or another, even if we can't always afford it right away?

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:00 am

Rim, have you considered implementing MIDI sequencing functionality via an IAP? Wouldn't that make it easier and faster for you?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:11 am

The complexities of midi sequencing are all in the editor itself. And that can't be a plugin.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Rim wrote:The complexities of midi sequencing are all in the editor itself. And that can't be a plugin.

Rim
I would like to pay for it though. If your only income is the app itself, then your additional work
should be rewarded, in one way or another, as well.

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Rim wrote:The complexities of midi sequencing are all in the editor itself. And that can't be a plugin.

Rim
That makes sense. I suppose an IAP would make it more messy and complicated. To be honest, I hate opening up separate apps and connecting them together just to create a song (MIDI sequencer, virtual synths, Audiobus, and Auria). I am holding out for Auria (and Cubasis) to include all these features. Just like Geronimo, I would pay more to have it all together as one app. Cubasis already has the MIDI sequencing and one virtual synth (Micrologue) but it totally sucks because you can't do anything more than note on/off messages so far.