Important information about Auria and iOS7

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Re: Important information about Auria and iOS7

Post by CEIsar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:31 pm

ChrisG wrote: Unless someone shouts not to.

Do it,i would love to read some reports :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:46 am

Magellan and Nave updated today with inter app audio, can't wait for Auria

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:37 am

CEIsar wrote:
ChrisG wrote: Unless someone shouts not to.

Do it,i would love to read some reports :wink:

Me too. I'm so conflicted right now, devs all over the internets saying wait, others don't wait. I know there will obviously be childhood bugs with so much changed in this iOS version, and the usual new iOS version compatibility problems that might occur. Apps will break and be in need of updates etc. I think I can live with that for a couple of months tho.

The only thing that I'm really worried about is if it will indeed have a negative impact on the performance in general on iPad 2. Going by earlier updates and iDevices the answer would be yes, it will definitely have a negative impact on the performance for lower end devices (like iPad 2). But at the same time Wavemachine Labs aren't seeing any more ram usage to speak of. And, I think it was the Echo Pad dev, saying the CPU impact was negligible in his testings.

I'm just such a sucker for new tech I'll probably will end up updating it before the end of the day, against better judgement! :)

Edit: Hm I completely forgot about the fact that Sonoma ACP won't work anymore. Hope retronym have ACP 2.0 ready, and that the next version of Auria will support it. I'm usually making a lot of use of those 12 ACP slots available in Sonoma.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:06 am

Works fine for me (iPad 3). I'm even under the impression that the overall
response got a little smoother, but that could be an illusion (Because Safari got
so much better with this update, i instantly deleted all the other browsers :D).

Only thing i dont like about the new design so far is how big they made the bottom
instant launcher on the homescreen now. Could very well be much smaller,
or even better: Customizable. Or maybe it already is, i just don't know it yet?

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Yea I also updated. And so far so good. Haven't done any proper testing going through Audiobus, all the music apps and so on. But childhood bugs a side I don't see a problem with updating (unless you use your iPad in live performances and so on, and really need to be sure stuff will work, then you definitely should wait a while).

I did notice, using one of those system/ram apps that after a reboot it showed me around 170mb free RAM. Whereas on iOS 6 I would have around 250 free RAM, and more if using the clean function (which I doubt don't do more then mark old active memory as inactive). Anyway, so much much less RAM, but I really hope it's because of a different system when it comes to how iOS handles the RAM, and that it'll free up ram much faster and all then iOS 6. Also seems that the CPU is constantly hovering between 4 and 10 % even with all the graphic lul like the parallax effect off (could just be sys activity monitor app I'm using tho).

Also, another thing that might be of interest to other 16gb device users out there is that the new iOS will eat up a couple of hundred mb of your storage (mine went from 13.8gb to 13.6gb)

starsky

Post by starsky » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:44 pm

All has been going smoothly on my ipad3 except it seems that mixdown to MP3 causes a crash. Have just mixed down an uncomplicated project to send as MP3 by email - it gets as far as mixdown completion on the status bar and then auria crashes.

Mixdown works for M4A ok. I've not tried WAV or AIF

Zippydog
Expert

Post by Zippydog » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Hmmmm. I have iPad 3, 64G. Just got Auria and still finding my way.
Think I'll wait for now so I understand what "normal" feels like before making changes.
New iOs can keep (digging it on my iPhone, though).

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Memory in Auria now shows 335 mgs free on my iPad 4 that's down from 630mgs free on iOS 6. Some quirkyness wth Audiobus, sometimes have to eject the app from Audiobus then re-insert it again, that seems to fix it. Still working on more tests. So far not bad. Report back with more once I have more results.

rayetheridge
Expert

Post by rayetheridge » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 pm

So has there been improvements using iOS 7 over iOS 6 using Auria? Less CPU and RAM usage?

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Rim wrote:iOS7 becomes available tomorrow, and I wanted to fill you in on our testing:

We've discovered a few bugs which affect the way Auria (and other apps) run under iOS7. We have made changes to Auria to work around these bugs and will submit an update to Apple in the coming week, but my recommendation is not to update to iOS7 until Auria 1.130 becomes available.

The main issue we've found is related to graphics speed. There's a bug in the way iOS 7 handles certain graphics, and Auria's editor is affected. It results in a slower update speed, so you many notice that the editor takes longer to respond. Also, due to iOS7's "flat" graphics scheme, a few of Auria's buttons are less visible against the background, making them harder to see.

We've already found workarounds for all these issues, and will be submitting an updated version of Auria (1.130) soon.

Thanks,
Rim
Thank you Rim for being on top of it.

DMC

Post by DMC » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello,
I have a 3rd Gen 64 gig iPad running iOS7, which was already in place before hearing about and purchasing Auria. So, I have what I have. Any news on when your 1.130 update will be available? I have I have seen some intermittent "glitches" in the audio recording and playback, and am working with Apple to see if this is a hardware issue, an iOS7 issue, or an Auria issue. I am new to all of this, so it's frustrating not knowing what to do to next. Any advice you can send me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
DMC

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 am

The 1.13 update was submitted to Apple one week ago, so it hopefully will be available in a few days. After you upload/install it hopefully your problems will diappear. If not, then give specifics about your problems; when do they occur, what exactly happens, is it repeatable, etc.... Then people can help better.