How's the new IOS 7 goin with all your music apps?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

leehoward
Expert

How's the new IOS 7 goin with all your music apps?

Post by leehoward » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:06 am

Well, it's not bad really. Don't know what all the fuss is about. All my music apps seem to be working good and includes Auria. How's it all goin for you guys?

djjuniorpops
Expert

Re: How's the new IOS 7 goin with all your music apps?

Post by djjuniorpops » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:31 am

I just updating mine. Would keep you posted

leehoward
Expert

Post by leehoward » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Big problem with Audiobus since updating.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Well Sampletank doesn't seem to like the new update very much. It won't start at all.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

leehoward wrote:Big problem with Audiobus since updating.
You went from everything working fine, to "big problem" within 3 hours?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Everything seems ok with 7 so far
Just Audiobus input and out slots need a few presses when starting chosen apps up ,but after that works ok
Playing along with projects not recorded yet tho

leehoward
Expert

Post by leehoward » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:05 pm

You went from everything working fine, to "big problem" within 3 hours?

I know. I should have tested with all my music apps but got a bit excited. Looks like will have to wait for Audiobus update for 7. Hurry up!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Very low memory in Auria in iOS 7 here. I have an iPad 4 and I've never seen a memory warning before until now. With just a couple of tracks and a couple of plugins I'm down to 50 megs free. I've never seen this before not even in my 30+ track projects. Has anyone else found this happening? Cheers.

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:58 pm

I got the same low memory warning, too. First time. Also, Auria isn't receiving signal from the Apogee Mic. It's working fine in other apps. I mentioned this in another post but I haven't heard yet if others are experiencing the same thing.

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:17 pm

I warned people people about this on a post here,sorry about that folks,it all depends on what iPad you have as well,I jus read in a review that people with nano studio as well are having problems with ios7 on an iPad 4,I don't see or have read anything good to my liking or advantageous for me to update especially with my iPad 2,of course my iPad 1 won't anyways,
And my newby my pad 4 probably won't get it either.like I always say if it works don't fix it and iOS 7 is draining the battery on ipad2 and you don't get any new good features anyways and I use nano studio extensively so my iPad 4 isn't getting it either.aplle is failing here in my eyes going towards an android type layout and not leading like once they did,
I know there is a market for all this smart phone gadget stuff but apple really needs to stand out again and seperate
The iPad into a more serious tablet and forget about android so to speak and if a smart marketing move would be to
Produce an iPad that gears towards musicians and artist,yeah people will say there are not that many people who use the
iPad that serious for music verses kids,girls,ect ..but I say bahumbug apple stand alone and yes there is enough musicians and artist to let such a product stand alone and it will garner even that much more on the market so to speaking in time,
Otherwise I'm starting to get weary cause the two markets so to speak toy verses serious are starting to clash.ios 7 in that
Retrospect simply sucks,sorry to sound harsh but I'm being realistic and honest.ios 6 wasn't any better,so glad I didn't update,I've read people losing battery life and the ect with the apps not working the same and the biggy is that the wi-fi
Doesnt work as well,never read that iOS 7 fixed this,hmm,who cares about those icons and settings and stuff,I think I'm not the only one who would rather have more function not grind so to speak,cause now I'm going to be skeptical upon
Updating any app especially when it says ios 7 ready,yeah but how about if you don't want to update to 7 is the Papp uodate going to work better or worse,I've already read numerous reviews where after these iOS 7 ready updates REGAURDLESS if you have ios 7,people are having problems,like korg,nano studio,moog.....sheesh. The pros and or aspiring musicians aren't gong to take this seriously with all these problems in these updates...my opinion ,otherwise
Auria and ect work fine....but if it works DON'T FIX IT,CAREFUL FOLKS ,read reviews and be patient don't just jump to ions 7 ......I've learned the hard way.....and while auria/rim quickly addressed the problem...your not going to get this great support on every other app/company...beleive me.....just saying....

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Hmm in apple discussions forum,

Can't help with this particular issue. But the reviews are suggesting that ipad 2 users wait as there may be problems due to the dated hardware inside ipad 2 compared to newer versions
And this is on apple discussions forum,how,why,didn't that test it....SMH.....thanking myself again not to jump into the waters until I clearly know what mayhaps and lurks inside.....hmmmm..

Midlife

Post by Midlife » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:51 pm

I have noticed a reduction of free MB to play with. Opening auria before update I was getting about 180MB, now only seeing around 100 MB. Hopefully this won't cause too many problems or it can be addressed in time. iPad 2 16GB

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Sooner or later we will have to move forward. IOS 7 isn't going away and very soon they will iron out these bugs. The early users suffer a bit but they help find tge p,roblems and report them to Apple. I'm actually enjoying iOS 7. It's faster and very user friendly. A nice refreshing look and performance. Auria seems to be recording fine and I'm experiencing very little problems. Just my memory reading is my only concern right now. I think I experienced more when I switched to iOS 6 from 5. So I'm optomistic. Cheers.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Sooner or later we will have to move forward. IOS 7 isn't going away and very soon they will iron out these bugs. The early users suffer a bit but they help find tge p,roblems and report them to Apple. I'm actually enjoying iOS 7. It's faster and very user friendly. A nice refreshing look and performance. Auria seems to be recording fine and I'm experiencing very little problems. Just my memory reading is my only concern right now. I think I experienced more when I switched to iOS 6 from 5. So I'm optomistic. Cheers.
I quite agree with you, I am using iOS7 and Auria with my iPAD 3. I haven't had any problems yet.

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Let's be real about this,not everyone has the same iPad in series and make,and so many are having problems,so not everyone can just move forward,I've learned and I'm not updating yet,I'm no fool,I saw one person claiming no problems then whoops problems,not every iPad was made the same in series REGAURDLESS of the fact that they both maybe iPad 2/3/4 modls,ect,that's a fact.i haven't upgraded to ios7 yet cause I've learned,but I'm not also going to lie and all and claim something is great and let's all move forward when I'm clearly on so many other forums and sites including apple itself and soooooo many are having problems.like I said and any honest tetchy knows iOS 7 isnt all that great,hey even on the phones people are having problems,and I refuse to be a guinea pig for apple and or so to speak,they have plenty of money and resources to fix these glitches and test them correctly instead of being greedy and snobbish in my eyes,cause not everyone has the money to just go buy a new IPad all the time and or the time and the patience to deal with all this,as spoken earlier auria and other app companies are great and the tech support 200% but not all companies including apple tech support depending on what state,ect has this,I'm just being real and warning folks cause disappointment can be
Very frustrating when all you want to do is produce and apple is showing you crappy new icons and a system that isnt
Agreeing with your iPad so to speak ,crashes and glitches and bugs are not fun,so let's be real move on,move forward to iOS 7,yeah right...lmaoooo...my opinion....based on fact...just saying....