AURIA & FOCUSRITE NOMINATED FOR SOS AWARD

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

peteT
Expert

AURIA & FOCUSRITE NOMINATED FOR SOS AWARD

Post by peteT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:11 am

They have each received my vote. Auria has made astonishing and highly professional developments throughout the year and its careful and intellegent approach to its design is a joy to use. Rims design work is both intellegent and logical and the ethos of keeping things simple and in keeping with the best professional designs makes and will continue to make AURIA a winner. Thanks again to Rim and the team for the great work............Give it your vote!!!

On a side note ..... Any progress between Apple, Focusrite and Auria in getting 18i6 & 18i20 to function smoothly with added external MIC AMPS UNITS USING ADAT CONNECTORS when connected @ 96k ... Good luck with sorting these... Sorting this element will be a game changer.....

Thanks again

PeteT
Last edited by peteT on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martygras
Expert

Re: AURIA & FOCUSRITE NOMINATED FOR SOS AWARD

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 am

peteT wrote: On a side note ..... Any progress between Apple, Focusrite and Auria in getting 18i6 & 18i20 to function smoothly with added external ADAT units when connected @ 96k ... Good luck with sorting these... Sorting this element will be a game changer.....

Thanks again

PeteT
For those who have ADAT's :o
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

peteT
Expert

Post by peteT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:20 pm

ADAT is also a connection protocol and not just a recording system. See original post. Thanks for prompting me to clarify ORIGINAL. :)

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:06 pm

PeteT:
Yes, i agree, Auria has become really pro in all sense. The only critic I could give is that when even you record vocal (audio) if you aren't a great sound engineer, the voice is tuff to equalize. I mean it would have been great if pre equalized vocal banks had been settled in. When I record a lead voice am never happy with Auria. Sound gets too high in frequencies et too low and it's hard to get a standard good sound. To make it sound good you have to touch to frequencies and it is too tuff to get the right balance. Now what I do is I pre record in Garage band and then it sounds more nice because in Garage band they made a standard equalization and the result is ok. In Auria it is just crazy to get the right sound...
Would have any advice to get the proper balance in terms of equalization in Auria? Would be nice of you.
Cheers

peteT
Expert

Post by peteT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: Setting EQ in Auria:

Auria is set up like most Pro DAWs in that everything is recorded to tracks unEQ's [i.e. flat]. This then allows EQ to be set in the mix, whether just for straight playback or mixdown. This ensures that the original files are left as originally recorded to Auria. Once you have set a preferred EQ for a particular track it is possible within Auria to save that setting: inside the FX section at the upper left there is a box where when selected the first item on the menu is 'Save preset'. Once selected you can then type in a name for the preset - best to give meaningful names that you will remember [i.e Johns Vox]. You can then call this preset up again at any time in any track or subgroup or any project. Setting the EQ is another story and is dependent on what you require of the sound. If you are happy with settings you have found in Garage Band why not write down the settings and re-create in Auria - then save them as presets for future use.

Hope this helps.

However we have digressed from the ORIGINAL POST -- AURIA & FOCUSRITE NOMINATED for Sound On Sound Award.
Auria & Focusrite certainly deserve this for Quality alone.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Auria nominiated, done. Cheers.
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteT
Expert

Post by peteT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks for your comments so far:

Keeping The Post On Track: [ORIGINAL POST]:

They have each received my vote. Auria has made astonishing and highly professional developments throughout the year and its careful and intellegent approach to its design is a joy to use. Rims design work is both intellegent and logical and the ethos of keeping things simple and in keeping with the best professional designs makes and will continue to make AURIA a winner. Thanks again to Rim and the team for the great work............Give it your vote!!!

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:01 am

You can find the link to vote here:

http://www.sosawards.com/vote-2014/

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:55 pm

I voted for a few items, but most categories had equipment I have not had the privilege to use. How can someone say X is better than Y, if they haven't even used A, B or C?
Just a thought.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Voted for Auria & that's all. Fantastic DAW. I just wish iPad 2 had more RAM.