IAA Apps

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Syltaldo

IAA Apps

Post by Syltaldo » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:11 pm

How about people share tips regarding apps that support inter app audio in Auria?

Phil999
Expert

Re: IAA Apps

Post by Phil999 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:20 pm

yes. Nothing special from my part. I have only iSEM, Nave, and Magellan. All of them work well in Auria. Magellan has the timecode remaining at 0:00 during recording, but for playback the timecode is working.

rkmonkey
Expert

Post by rkmonkey » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:39 pm

xine44
Expert

Post by xine44 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:37 am

Phil999 wrote:yes. Nothing special from my part. I have only iSEM, Nave, and Magellan. All of them work well in Auria. Magellan has the timecode remaining at 0:00 during recording, but for playback the timecode is working.
Lucky man... For me useless pitched and stuttered IAA record in auria, meanwhile IAA in tabletop or looptical 99% usable (i.e. Perfect record) ...

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 am

Echo Pad got IAA today. Works great with Auria on iPad 2, except that Echo pads name doesn't show up in the insert slot after it's been loaded, so if you bypass it you might forget it's in there since it will look like an empty slot. Sure Holderness Media fill fix that minor issue tho. Really great delay/multi effect unit btw.

HoldernessMedia

Post by HoldernessMedia » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:32 am

ChrisG wrote:Echo Pad got IAA today. Works great with Auria on iPad 2, except that Echo pads name doesn't show up in the insert slot after it's been loaded, so if you bypass it you might forget it's in there since it will look like an empty slot. Sure Holderness Media fill fix that minor issue tho. Really great delay/multi effect unit btw.
Hey ChrisG :-)

I will look into this today, I haven't encountered myself yet but I'll do some more testing.
Christopher Rice
@HoldernessMedia
http://www.holdernessmedia.com

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:55 am

HoldernessMedia wrote:
ChrisG wrote:Echo Pad got IAA today. Works great with Auria on iPad 2, except that Echo pads name doesn't show up in the insert slot after it's been loaded, so if you bypass it you might forget it's in there since it will look like an empty slot. Sure Holderness Media fill fix that minor issue tho. Really great delay/multi effect unit btw.

I will look into this today, I haven't encountered myself yet but I'll do some more testing.

I did some more testing here and it only happens on the sub channels. Hope that narrows it down a bit!

HoldernessMedia

Post by HoldernessMedia » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:50 pm

ChrisG wrote:
HoldernessMedia wrote:

I did some more testing here and it only happens on the sub channels. Hope that narrows it down a bit!
Thanks, yes that did narrow it down. It's actually not specific to Echo Pad and seems to be happening with all IAA apps I've tested with, only in sub channels. When you close the channel's FX window, then re-open it, the slot name is empty. The app stays connected and working properly though, so only a minor inconvenience for now.
I've already been in contact with Rim about it so he's aware of it.
Christopher Rice
@HoldernessMedia

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:01 pm

You're absolutely right, it happens with all IAA apps, sorry bout that! :oops:

HoldernessMedia

Post by HoldernessMedia » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:10 pm

ChrisG wrote:You're absolutely right, it happens with all IAA apps, sorry bout that! :oops:
No worries, IAA is still very new, thanks for being patient!
Christopher Rice
@HoldernessMedia

Syltaldo

Post by Syltaldo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:10 am

I've been hoping for something like EZdrummer or Strike for Auria for a while. Alternatively just being able to record from Garngeband into auria. I record guitars, and all kinds of acoustic sounds with auria. The only thing I miss is quick beats for recording scetches on the go.
With the Yamaha Arp & Drums, which now supports IAA, I can finally get a basic drum and bass scratch take for trying songideas on the go.

So the Yamaha app really works. It has changed it name to Synth & Dr. Pad on the app store.
Best companion app for Auria I've found yet :)

Some hickups with latency, but I'm getting the new iPad after is release next week. Think Auria on the A7X will match my iMac :)

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:39 pm

hi and thanks for making this thread!

So these IAP synths...they open up right in Auria, like a hosted vsti?

Also, im sure this varies by each app but...if these are opened up rite in auria, and i already own the standalone,
these are additional purchases or for isntance if i own Nave, ive got to buy a special IAP only version to use with auria (if im doing iap and not audio bus, for example)

new to these, so thanks for your help :)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:23 pm

It's sort of like an hybrid Audiobus / host vst now without Audiobus if that makes sense lol
It's good but temperamental ATM but the bugs should hopefully smooth out as time goes by

If you own an IAA APP You don't have to spend another penny 8)
So if you own Nave on its own it will work with Auria this way

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Jus wrote:It's sort of like an hybrid Audiobus / host vst now without Audiobus if that makes sense lol
It's good but temperamental ATM but the bugs should hopefully smooth out as time goes by

If you own an IAA APP You don't have to spend another penny 8)
So if you own Nave on its own it will work with Auria this way
hmmm...does this mean that certain companies made in-app hosted versions of their standalone apps, like Nave...

or rather are you saying this is really me just opening nave and patching through audiobus, like ive been doing the whole time? not clear on what that list of synths is all about and why they are referred to as IAA APPS.

For example Nave is a standalone synth. What other that my normal audiobus input method is this thread addressing?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 pm

When you use an IAA inside Auria, what happens is Auria just launches your Nave standalone app, and Apple takes care of routing the audio from Nave into Auria.

Rim