File transfert

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dlegault

File transfert

Post by Dlegault » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 pm

I am trying to audiopaste, bounce to dropbox, bounce to email, audioshare, and it seems that there is no way I can get my files to leave the auria world. Got this sepacial message when trying to audioshare " sorry something went wrong. Could not export audio"

Can somebody as a clue why I would get this message?
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: File transfert

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:06 pm

That's not an Auria message. In Auria, it's easy to export files in multiple ways. Can you be a bit more specific on the type of file you're trying to export? We can help you do it.

Rim

Dlegault

Post by Dlegault » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:13 am

I have tried to mixdown to drop box, mixdown to email. Did not work.
Tried to audio share a .wav mixdown i did. Audio copy it as well. Nothing Would not work.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 am

What exactly happens when you try to mixdown to Dropbox or AudioShare? Normally, after you press OK, you'll get a box that shows the progress. Depending on the song, this could take a few minutes. Once that finishes, you get another progress bar that shows it uploading to Dropbox or Soundcloud. Could you attach a picture of your Mixdown settings? One thing to check is if you have Entire Song checked. Otherwise, it will only mix down the area in between the locators.

With Audiopaste, it's different. Here, you just tap on the region you want to export. The region will turn blue on the outside. Then you press the Audio copy icon. A box will pop up asking you to name the region, and where you want to copy it to.

Let me know what you're seeing instead. Do you get any of these dialog boxes, or messages?

Rim

SILIS101

Re: File transfer

Post by SILIS101 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 am

For the email or dropbox upload be sure to turn-off AIRPLANE MODE if you have it on. I made that mistake once.
Check if the file size is too large for your email provider. wav files are huge.
For Dropbox, check if you have enough memory space for the upload.

As far as AUDIOSHARE, I never had a problem

Dlegault

Post by Dlegault » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Ok i have been able to transfert mono files via audioshare but for some reason stereo files wont work. Is audioshare only for mono files?

Thanks

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:39 pm

AudioShare is not restricted to mono.

Please try and describe what you're trying to achieve (let's start with just one thing) :wink:

Dlegault

Post by Dlegault » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm

I try to audioshare a mixdonw i have made so then i can transfert it somewhere else, dropbox, email, other apps etc...

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Were your Mixdown settings any different to these (ignoring the filename)?:
Attachments
image.jpg
Mixdown dialog
image.jpg (78.76 KiB) Viewed 6961 times

sicbass

Post by sicbass » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Good evening, names Wally. I'm running auria le on ipad mini and I'm loving this program. So....how do I just get an mp3 file out of her? It will not let me email and individual file, I know nothing of Dropbox or soundcloud, will these programs offer me control of an individual file?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Wally and welcome. You can get an mp3 file out using Mixdown (see above). Just select MP3 instead of WAV for the 'File Type' and E-mail instead of AudioShare for the 'Export'. You can restrict what is mixed down to an individual track (or tracks, using solo/mute) and even part of a track (by bounding with the locators and using 'Locator Range' instead of Entire Song').

Dlegault

Post by Dlegault » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:16 pm

I have still havn t found the solution to get my mixdown or files out of auria.
Everybody seems to transfert the problem to the others parties. Audio share guy said check with the audiocopy guys...so on so forth.

I have make a mixdown. Imported the file again in a new auria projet. Tried to audiocopy, audioshare, send to drop box.
Got error message when audioshare "sorry something went wrong" won t say what went wrong!

When i audiocopy, i cant do anything with the files either in audioshare or audiocopy.
Aaf to dropbox failed as well.

I audiopaste the same file i audiocopied from auria back to auria. The result: I got a paste of an empty files. Same longer as the original but with no wave and no sounds. ( only digital zero)

I really need a answer and find the solution as my client needs is mix tommorrow!
Thanks for anyhelp that will solve this issue.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:38 pm

If you send me the project, I can try it here, and see why you're having so much trouble. Just send it to my dropbox : rim at drumagog dot com

Rim

Dlegault

Post by Dlegault » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

As mentionned the project would not export in ANY WAYS!
No aaf, no dropbox backup nothing! No audiocopy, no audioshare. Nothing period.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.

Ho by the way other issue. Everytime i log to this forum i check the " log me in automaticaly next time"
And everytime i have to enter log in information. Not beeing remembered

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:49 pm

It's easy to send me the project. This is done _without_ Auria:

1. Connect your iPad to your computer
2. Install iFunBox (it's a free program)
3. Click on Auria, then Documents
4. Drag the project you want onto your computer
5. Send me that project (zip is preferable)

If you don't want to use iFunbox, you can use iTunes (but iFunbox is much easier).

It's very unusual to have this issue (our users use these features every day), so it would help me to see the project.

As for the forum, this is a setting on your browser. You must have cookies enabled. If it's a Mac, make sure Private Browsing is tuned off.

Thanks,
Rim