drum samples invisible

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

endso_66

drum samples invisible

Post by endso_66 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi all, i am experiencing a weird behaviour loading drum samples. Importing morevox samples into an auria project, the basic loop is loaded and timestretched fine. When i try to load additional loops (fills for instance or cymbals) into the same tracks or into new tracks, the samples are loaded though they are invisible. This is apparently a random behaviour. I tried to quit/reopen auria project but no luck. I can load fills on existing or on new tracks for a few times and then, out of the blue, the additional samples i need to import just do not show (though i can undo the import even if i do not see them). Sometimes samples are loaded just as a flat soundline (=silence) though sometimes they worked properly (thus i know a soundwave is there). Any idea? Thanks a lot

Rim
Site Admin

Re: drum samples invisible

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm

I haven't seen this before. Is it reproducible? If it is, please tell me the exact steps to take. If I can reproduce this here, I should be able to fix it.

Thanks,
Rim

endso_66

Re: drum samples invisible

Post by endso_66 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Rim, thanks for the reply.
Here are the steps:
Create six tracks stereo (or mono, the result is the same) in auria
Import the first loop (6 samples each) one in each track, stretching them to the chosen time. Let's say this is the main loop inside the morevox folder we've just imported
Import each one as "best" quality (auria asks for each of them)
Now we have the first bar. Duplicate this as many times as the verse lasts.
Then it's time for the refrain/chorus bars
Put the timeline in auria where refrain starts, import audio again and chose now one of the loop variations
Check the button below the importing audio window specifying this should start from the timeline
Usually at this stage everything still goes ok

Now we have a rhythm pattern for the verse and one for the refrain. Let's duplicate samples so that we have, for instance, two verse bars and one refrain bar between them (by the way, at this stage i've noticed that when re-opening the project it takes longer time than to load a 10-13 audio track project 4 minutes long. It is strange for just 6 track with duplicated drum samples only, isn't it?)

Anyways, now putting the timeline let's say at the beginning if the last verse bar, import one fill (again, one sample for each track, onto the existing samples)
The first usually - but not always - works. I shrink the imported fills not to overlap the whole last verse bar and size it the way it sounds ok

Then i do this again on the next verse bar and this scenario might occur (it randomly occurs, this might have been happened already the step before!):
1. Fills samples imported appear but with a flat line in the middle (no sound)
2. Imported samples do not show at all (i've tried to see if they were below the main samples but they were not), though the importing process looks the same as always (auria asks to chose the quality of the sample for each oh them). Of course these invisible samples do not play any sound.

I thought this might be connected with low ipad memory but, as i experienced, the ipad handles easily projects with 13 tracks and several effects (6-7) more than 4 minutes long.

I deleted the sample drum project and started a new one again with the same results.
Hope this might help you to figure out the situation.
Again, thanks for the cooperation