JamUp - Standalone vs. In-app version?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

xuanvuz

JamUp - Standalone vs. In-app version?

Post by xuanvuz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi all,

I bought JamUp (full version) before Auria, and wondering what are the differences between them? Can Auria detect that I already own it and unlock the in-app? Can I use the stand-alone version as an Auria FX? Or do I need to purchase the Auria In-App version? When I try to bring up the FX, JamUp didn't get listed as one of the plugins.

I tried to use the "Restore Purchase" (although I didn't buy JamUp from within Auria) just to see if it would work, and that didn't work either.

Thanks,
Kenny.

Photo_G
Expert

Re: JamUp - Standalone vs. In-app version?

Post by Photo_G » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm interested if PositiveGrid will allow us to have the Auria in-app version if we own the full version too...

G

Manimpretty
Expert

Post by Manimpretty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 am

I purchased jam up when a few days ago (on sale) thinking it would also unlock the in app version. It doesn't. It's not even inter app compatable. Only audio bus. If I'd have known I would have just got the in app version. Kinda disappointed, seems silly to have to buy it twice.
Brandon.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 am

We're working with them to make this happen, but it's going to take a lot of work on my end first. It'll eventually make it into a future Auria version.

Rim

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:02 am

That's awesome news!!

G

DFiasco

Post by DFiasco » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:19 am

Yeah, I think it's really strange that they aren't making Jamup IAA compatible. It seems as if it's intentional, but I'm not sure why. To force you to buy Bias, perhaps?

Manimpretty
Expert

Post by Manimpretty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Rim wrote:We're working with them to make this happen, but it's going to take a lot of work on my end first. It'll eventually make it into a future Auria version.

Rim

Cool beans.
Brandon.

jamsden

Post by jamsden » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 pm

There are some significant differences between the JamUp standalone and in-app plugin versions. The aura user's guide lists some key ones:
  • IAA plug-in parameters not saved (i.e. knobs and other settings) in projects
  • No automation
  • Only one instance of a particular plug-in can be active at a time (though multiple unique IAA plug-ins will run at once)
  • IAA apps run full screen and do not show any of Auria’s display in the background
  • Compatible apps have their own IAA bar which is used for switching between apps. It may also have
    transport controls to start/stop Auria without switching windows
But the key difference is that with a plugin, you can choose whether the track is recorded with or without effects. That means if you record without effects you are recording a dry guitar signal, and can change the plugin settings during the mixing process. With J the track. All AudioBus and IAA plugins must are automatically recorded wet, the effects are recorded and you can't change them later.

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

According to Rim answering me a JamUp question back in April, the inapp JamUp provides 24 bit effect processing while the standalone version gets the 16 bit treatement:

http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic ... 908#p21908
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Rim wrote:We're working with them to make this happen, but it's going to take a lot of work on my end first. It'll eventually make it into a future Auria version.

Rim
Hi Rim,

Will we get this sometime soon?

Thanks again,
G

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Probably not anytime soon. I have my hands full with working on the next major release. It's still on my list though.

Rim

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:28 am

Positive Grid seems to me to be more interested in selling new product than they are in supporting what they've already sold.

It's a bit of a shame, because other than that JamUp's a nice app.

Lester Ballard

Post by Lester Ballard » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:08 am

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bring to life a bit of a dead thread but I have a question regarding jam up...

I have both the standalone and auria iap versions of jamup. I've spent a small fortune unlocking all content within the standalone, however I understand that this does not unlock anything in the iap.

My question is... Is there anything to unlock in iap version, or is everything is see in there the sum total?

Also, can you use the standalone as an effect within auria? For example, record clean guitar and then try all different amps and pedals at your leisure?

Thanks in advance

Lester
Last edited by Lester Ballard on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:44 am

I'll just toss in an editorial comment that I think it really sucks to spend money on IAPs in the standalone
and not be able to use them in the in-app instance that I also supported by purchasing. :?

That and the questionable marketing burst by PG last year has my interest & support waning. :evil: :roll:

FWIW...

It still sounds pretty good, but I'm less inclined to send them any more money... :roll:

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:29 pm

To make sure that I'm understanding this correctly. I own the JamUp app with many IAP's effects/cabs/amps but if I buy the JamUp plugin as IAP from within Auria I will not have access to the IAP's from the standalone app. Is this correct?

Thanks.