Auria In-app sale tomorrow!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Manimpretty
Expert

Re: Auria In-app sale tomorrow!

Post by Manimpretty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 am

So stoked! Got all the plugins I was missing and a ton of gogs and reverbs!
Thank you so much!!!
:D :D :D
Brandon.

Zippydog
Expert

Post by Zippydog » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 am

WOOT!!!!!!

SO GLAD I caught this while dropping by at work this morning.
Going to get after this when I get home tonight!

Thanks Rim -so very much appreciated!!

P.S. TIming couldn't be more perfect...I'm taking the day off tomorrow (Friday) to finish up some incomplete mixes. Now, I'll have more toys (er...tools) to do that work with. :D

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:57 pm

I had a similar issue. Mid purchase of one of the plugins, the App store said my credit card was declined. (Huh, it was fine on the other two plugins I bought five minutes ago.) Opened Auria and it immediately crashed. Oh my. Restarted the iPad. Auria still crashed. Deleted Auria and reinstalled it. Started it and it asked for my iTunes account password but it still crashed. Yikes. I knew this was happening as a consequence of communication with iTunes. So I restarted the iPad, turned OFF my wifi and started Auria. It loaded!!! Got the welcome screens as it completed the install. Turned on wifi and Auria was still able to start up. Went to the Auria Store and tried to repurchase each of the four plugins I bought last night. All four told me I had already purchased them. Whew!!! (That even included the one that told me the credit card had been declined.)

Now I did a "Restore Purchases" and it says "All purchases successfully restored. If you've purchased downloadable content, please allow time for all yur content to download". OK, but how do I know when that has finished? There seems to be no progress feedback of any sort. And do I need to restart Auria after the downloads are done for it to see the new plugins?

Gary
jbw wrote:
Rim wrote:To avoid any issues with corrupted in-app purchases, I suggest closing all your background apps, as well as closing Auria, then re-opening before making your purchases. In iOS7, there's an issue with in-app purchases sometimes (rarely) not completing, so starting from a clean slate will avoid this.

Rim
Grrr...

Closed everything, opened Auria, tapped to make a purchase, entered CC information... Nothing... Backed out to see Auria deleted all my previous in app purchases, tried to restore purchases, app crash, try to re-open app, app crashes, close everything and hard reset iPad, try to open Auria, app crashes...

Um...

Currently redownloading Auria after deleting off device... :|

Saga to be continued...

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Finally grabbed Drumagog, looking forward to dig in and learning this one. Are the hihats for the Auria version still available, Rim? Can I just PM you my mail? (Apple takes days to send out the receipt to my mail, can't wait that long lol, will a screenshot do?)

Also grabbed ProL (wow why did I wait on this one?). PSPs piano reverb, it's....different. Which is good! There are already the classic and pro classic, all the IAA reverbs etc to give your standard rooms and halls. Speaking of different, also grabbed the MSP IR library from MoreVox, just beautiful and so diverse (and different).

Sinapsya wrote:
ChrisG wrote:Thanks. Yes, make things loud without clipping and distortion (yes I suck at the mixing stage of things, relying on the master for any magic lol)..What's pro m ? The new dynamic processor from fab filter ?
Pro-M is a new multi band compressor from fabfilter

Sounds fun, looking forward to trying it out. Thanks Sinapsya.

------------

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

I bought the Multi-Track Loops but it doesn't show in my plug ins and I have to restore purchases. This is the third time I tried. I don't want to buy any more till I know what the problem is?

Steve

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:45 pm

I think part of the problem is the excessive traffic on iTunes. They've probably geared up as best as possible for higher traffic, but I think they are still overwhelmed, and will be for a week or two.
The other problem is Apple trying to implement a 1 day sale and have it propagate to all countries. This must be a tough thing to do even when the traffic is normal.

You would probably have better luck signing up for affordable healthcare... :wink:
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Well it took my money for the App. :)

I wanted to buy like at least three more Apps but now I don't know what to do. It still does not show and every time I restore it restore the Gog files too. I'm a little frustrated.

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Steve - where are you checking for the drum files? You said you check your plug-ins and it is not there. If you are checking via the fx slots for plug-ins it will never show up. It isn't a plug-in. They are files that will show up in a folder. Use "import audio" from the drop menu.

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Ah

Thanks for that info. :) I'll check in a few minutes.

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Got them, thank you very much

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 pm

My purchases of four plugins are still not showing up. I open a project, click on an FX button and then an insert, I don't see them, all I see are the four stock plugins. If I click the "Plug-in Store" at the bottom of the plug in list, and try to "buy" one of them again, I get the "Confirm your in-app purchase" dialog where I click "Buy". I get a "You've already purchased this in-app purchase but it hasn't been downloaded."

So my question is, how do I download it?

Gary

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Only a few of the in-app purchases have downloadable content (the loops, IRs Drumagog and JamUp). The rest of them should instantaneously unlock as soon as you make the purchase. If they don't, you need to click the Restore Purchases button. If this fails, please follow these steps:

1. Disable your internet connection (Airplane Mode)
2. Open Auria
3. Close Auria
4. Re-enable your internet connection
5. Open Auria

Rim

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Fabulous!

Thanks for this. Bought my first three plugins just now (even at half price I have a tight budget). Now all I need is time to go right through my tracks playing with my new toys!

Thanks for the half price thing - gave me ammunition to persuade the wife that these were essential purchases!

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

That didn't unlock the plugins. Are you saying all the plugins are already in our copies of Auria and we are just unlocking them when we purchase?

I still only see the four stock plugins when I click on the FX button and then an insert.

Gary
Rim wrote:Only a few of the in-app purchases have downloadable content (the loops, IRs Drumagog and JamUp). The rest of them should instantaneously unlock as soon as you make the purchase. If they don't, you need to click the Restore Purchases button. If this fails, please follow these steps:

1. Disable your internet connection (Airplane Mode)
2. Open Auria
3. Close Auria
4. Re-enable your internet connection
5. Open Auria

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Yes, the way the Apple model works, all plugins must be built into the app from the beginning. Buying an IAP simply unlocks that "feature". A few of the IAPs available in Auria do have a download component though (IR Files, Loops, Drumagog and Jam Up).

iTunes is having a lot of issues today. Another user had luck restoring purchases by rebooting his iPad. Maybe try that?

Rim