Auria In-app sale tomorrow!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria In-app sale tomorrow!

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 am

All of them were discounted at 50% (we double checked), but if you're in one of the Apple country zones where the sale was over already, it may have already been switching to the original price.

Rim

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:22 am

ChrisG wrote:@Matt W: Did you guys get my email with the drumagog receipt (from my cggras mail)? I'm not 100% relying on the email client when forwarding or attaching things.
Yes, we did, and Chris should be sending out some download links right away.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Great! Thank you so much for all this. I'm loving this plugin more and more, and I'm not really the target audience for this kind of plug (I'd say). But it's so versatile, and doesn't seem to eat up much resources, so having a few instances running to mess around with 1 track loops works great. And gotta say it's also just a fun plug to use on top of material, blending it all to get some cool/new/weird sounding percussions and beats going.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Sweet, just got a refund from Apple over the full price/half price mixup too, very nice.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 am

@Matt W: Btw, I just changed my email I used when registering on the forum to my gmail adress. The old hotmail one was a spam magnet, so if you sent the mail to that one it might have dissapeared in the spam swamp on that hotmail. Please let me know if it went to that one, and I shall take the day off and wade through all the "prolong your schlong" mails :mrgreen:

On another note, the plugin had me look at purchasing Drumagog for the PC. Gotta learn the Auria one first, but which one would be the closest in terms of what i can achieve with the one in Auria? I am looking at comparison chart, and the basic version. Auria have a few choices not on the basic, but I´m not sure i´d need those. I would use it primarily on one tracked loops, replacing a snare and perhaps the kick and/or a hihat on the same loop in a second track and Drumagog instance, and mix it all down to a new loop. So nothing super complicated stuff. And I don´t mind fiddling around a bit, it´s a fun plug to use so...Would the Basic version be enough for that stuff? Stealth, Live trig, Auto Align and hihat tracking are´nt in that version, but if that "only" means a bit more fiddlin around with the loops i don´t mind

Blaah hope that all made sence, early morning here and no auto spelling :)

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:25 am

@ChrisG: This tutorial may also be of interest to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC1jnwOQiuA

G

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:05 am

Very helpful, thanks. So with some help from some EQing and transient shaping before the signal reaches drumagog, most things should be possible to do, even on messier/dirtier stuff.

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:15 am

ChrisG wrote:@Matt W: Btw, I just changed my email I used when registering on the forum to my gmail adress. The old hotmail one was a spam magnet, so if you sent the mail to that one it might have dissapeared in the spam swamp on that hotmail.
Chris is sending out the links, and he will just reply to whichever email address you used to email us. There's quite a few emails in the queue, but Chris is cranking through them as quickly as he can (for being over the weekend), so you should see something soon. If you don't see it soon you can email "info at drumagog dot com" again to ping him again, but I trust he should be caught up very soon.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks Matt W.! Was just worried bout the emails being mixed up. 8)

(Not about not getting free stuff, on a weekend, for a plug you only got 6 bux for, swear)

rocdok
Expert

Post by rocdok » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:43 am

Just want reassurance that the preset folders are (supposed to be) empty when I use 'import audio' for IR, convo and fabfilter L? The drop down top left of each plug in has nothing there but there seem to be some from a smaller box on the right side....I'm reading manuals and such but still confused- maybe asking prematurely.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:54 am

Many of the plugin developers who make plugins for Auria decided to use their own, more powerful preset systems, built into the plugin itself. This is why you don't see any presets listed in the standard preset box on those plugins.

Convolution reverb also doesn't have any because it's the type of plugin where a preset is pointless (all the IR choices in the list are a type of preset).

Rim

rocdok
Expert

Post by rocdok » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:38 am

Thankyou. One more dumb example question: if I use ffQ, does that replace the in Auria eq or do people use both or are there any rules....I know this isn't the thread topic- I'll stop there. Thanks.
Kier

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 am

No rules it's just down to personal preference and what you're trying to do. OR which you like looking at better while working :)

spackofatz

Post by spackofatz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Oh no, I was looking today for the sale and (sigh) I just missed it. But that's the way the cookie crumble. Is there a possibility to get a reminder next time via mail or twitter?

rocdok
Expert

Post by rocdok » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Tarekith wrote:No rules it's just down to personal preference and what you're trying to do. OR which you like looking at better while working :)
Haha I hear u....great thx! Merry Xmas.