The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

saveas

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by saveas » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Wow! that's big news for me!!!
Thanks Rim!

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Logarithmic (or is it parabolic?) fade curves. The opposite of the second curve you can choose now, one that starts out with a slow rise, then quickly increases to maximum at the end.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 pm

A peak readout on the master meter. Some way of telling exactly what the song peaked at since I pressed play last.

G-master G
Expert

Re: Audio hardware outputs?

Post by G-master G » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Scott O wrote:Still playing with Auria, Great so far, no problems. One thing I was looking for though was separate hardware outputs, not just mains. I will be using the software mostly for backing tracks playback. I have the 1818VSL and would like to use some outs for monitors, click track etc. I dont know if this is an Auria or iPad restriction or if it just hasn't been implemented yet. Could this maybe be included in a future update? Thanks and good job so far!
I create stereo backing tracks for each song and a corresponding click track and then import them to an app called Sincinside.

This does some internal routing of signals so that the backing track is sent to the front of house speakers via your interface and the click track gets played through the iPad's output which you can connect to a headphone mixer and direct the signal to however many sets of headphones you need.

Washboy
Expert

Re: Audio hardware outputs?

Post by Washboy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:39 am

G-master G wrote:
Scott O wrote:Still playing with Auria, Great so far, no problems. One thing I was looking for though was separate hardware outputs, not just mains. I will be using the software mostly for backing tracks playback. I have the 1818VSL and would like to use some outs for monitors, click track etc. I dont know if this is an Auria or iPad restriction or if it just hasn't been implemented yet. Could this maybe be included in a future update? Thanks and good job so far!
I create stereo backing tracks for each song and a corresponding click track and then import them to an app called Sincinside.

This does some internal routing of signals so that the backing track is sent to the front of house speakers via your interface and the click track gets played through the iPad's output which you can connect to a headphone mixer and direct the signal to however many sets of headphones you need.
No doubt Syncinside provides some unique functionality but are you aware that Auria can send a mix to the iPad's headphone jack? Here's what Rim had to say in a different thread...
Rim wrote:...In fact, using the output matrix, you can route a completely separate mix to the iPad's headphone jack. This feature became available starting with iOS6,...
Useful?

Deepfryguy

Post by Deepfryguy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Really impressed by the quality of Auria's engine and plugin tools....have been mixing in beatmaker 2 for a long time and the effects, eq etc, sound quality left me wanting.

Wishes: someone else on this board mentioned the elastic time warp things that ableton made popular ..
I would like to add my vote for this as manual cut move and fade audio editing is both very time consuming and leaves unnatural gaps in the decay of sustained overlapping notes, like guitar.. Beat warp markers fix timing without modifying amplitude envelopes...it's strange to me that this feature which is incredibly useful in correcting timing of recorded material is not standard within any audio editor. Beatmaker tries to address this with the auto chop and chop functions within its drum machines...

I'm probably alone in this but, I actually use my iPhone as my primary music workstation... And as the proc speed on iPhones starts to exceed that of the ipad 2..and there are rumors of a larger iPhone in the works... Would love to see an Auria for iPhone.

Here's to hoping :)

Magikeren

Post by Magikeren » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Is it in any way possible to implement the possibility to create a folder track?
Would be very usefull in terms of importing drum tracks and keeping better track of multiple guitars etc.

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 am

I wish it were more responsive. Ive been using auria for a while now and i find it difficult to edit because the response is a little slow. I own beatmaker 2 and when i fired it up again for testing midi, i was very surprised at how fast it was. Overall i could trim, zoom, and move clips around much faster in BM2 than in auria. I thought, wow, this is how auria should be. Of course, i will still use auria because it is just plain superior in sound quality and mixing capabilities. This comment is not to bring auria fans and developers down. On the contrary, i wish to see auria become the most functional audio app in the market because it really is awesome :)

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Ok, I have a feature ( if it hasn't already been listed here ) a notes menu where you can pull up an area to type more detailed info on each track, like what synth and patch you used. I know you can name the track to a degree, you can use so many characters, but say if I'm using Nave or something and want to remember a patch name and bank or what guitar preset from jamup. Anyway you get the idea. I know I can just open notes and do it but if it could be saved with the song that would be awesome too.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 am

A great addition to the current automation would be the option to only list parameters where automation has been recorded (like Gadget does). After adding a couple of effects, the list of parameters becomes quite overwhelming to scroll through to get to the one where the automation was recorded.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Checkrath wrote:A great addition to the current automation would be the option to only list parameters where automation has been recorded (like Gadget does). After adding a couple of effects, the list of parameters becomes quite overwhelming to scroll through to get to the one where the automation was recorded.
This would need to be a Settings preference. Not all automation is recorded. Sometimes it's entered manually. To do it manually, you have to be able to select the parameter from a parameters list.

Kleenkut

Post by Kleenkut » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm looking to be able to use Auria for live multitrack playback and it really helps to be able to place markers (more than 4) and be able to name them. Any plans to add this functionality?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 am

Yep, this is on my wishlist for a future version.

Rim

sebastianbarria
Expert

Post by sebastianbarria » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 am

I would love that Auria have a "wifi server" functionality, just like FL Studio Mobile (http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... .html#WiFi)... that way I wouldn't have to unplug my iPad from my ioDock to connect to the PC to extract the wav files I record (I do that sometimes)...
Is there any chance to add this functionality?

Thanks!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:02 pm

WiFi server = +1