Auria sound has disappeared!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Fitz
Expert

Auria sound has disappeared!

Post by Fitz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Today the sound coming from Auria has almost disappeared. It works fine through headphones, and when using Audiobus, both input and output, but alone the sound has gone (sounds a bit like it's coming through the headphones, but I don't have any plugged in). I can see the meters moving. I've tried starting a new project, opening old projects and nothing is bringing the sound back. Next step would be to reinstall Auria, which is a pain. Has anyone else had this problem?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria sound has disappeared!

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:17 pm

You might have disabled "Speaker/Mic Processing" in the settings. Just make sure that's checked. This turns on Apple's built-in compressor/limiter and EQ, which makes the audio coming from the built-in speaker sound louder. It's normally turned on in most apps.

Rim

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:32 am

That seems to have sorted it. Thanks. That's a really big difference in volume!

Hrveylee
Expert

Post by Hrveylee » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:45 pm

I've reinstalled auria, got my plug ins, now it can't record. I thought it might be a hardware issue, focusrite 6i6, but confident it is not; reinstalled and updated the firmware. I can play a recorded auria track but cannot record; the halos on the 6i6 show it is getting a signal, and the meters within auria, input, show it as well, but no recording. I have downloaded logic tracks to dropbox and then downloaded into auria; should they have been kept in dropbox? I don't need to access dropbox to get to the tracks. When I plug in the camera connection to my ipad the CPU meter goes from 1-5% to 52%, is this an issue. I could use some help. It seems that whenever I get auria working, within a few weeks I have the same or different problems, seems like an instability problem.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Sounds like your privacy settings on your ipad might be blocking your audio input. Go to your ipad settings, privacy and microphone. Make sure Auria is enabled.

Rim

Hrveylee
Expert

Post by Hrveylee » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I checked that and it wasn't the problem. What else can you suggest?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Check your input matrix setup in Auria and make sure the inputs are assigned to the right tracks. Also, try creating a new project and testing that for recording.

Rim

Hrveylee
Expert

Post by Hrveylee » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Ok, I tried a new project and for a minute I could record so the input matrix is correct? However, there was substantial latency. Then, after that brief limited success, it wouldn't work at all. All apps are shut down, however, when I loaded a new project I did notice a CPU usage of 52%; that's with 2 tracks, nothing recorded, and no effects. Help!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:33 pm

The latency is adjustable in Auria's settings page (Record Latency). 256 usually works pretty well for most cases. What sample rate are you trying to record with? 52% is quite a bit of CPU for a simple project. Are you measuring normal CPU usage, or Max CPU? If you're looking at the Max CPU meter, make sure you reset it after you project is loaded and your interface is plugged in, to make sure you have an accurate reading. I also forgot to ask which iPad model you're using.

Are you using an Apple certified camera connection kit, or a third-party one?

Rim

Hrveylee
Expert

Post by Hrveylee » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:34 pm

44.1sample rate, first generation retina display ipad, I'm pretty sure I bought an apple approved camera kit. It was a resold apple product. Whenever I start auia, usually do a soft reset to make sure all is well. There are many times that it plays poorly when trying to listen, I do a soft reset and that generally takes care of it. In an buy another camera connector, but I'm not totally convinced that that's the problem.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm just trying to rule out any hardware issues. I've never seen a case where Auria takes 52% CPU with no plugins or effects loaded. Should be more like 5%. And these issues only happen with the interface plugged in?

What model hub are you using? Are you sure it's a powered hub (has its own power supply that plugs into the wall).

Rim

Hrveylee
Expert

Post by Hrveylee » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm

I use the meter at the top of the auria app, too right. Sometimes the load is 5%, other times says 52%. It's very frustrating.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 pm

All CPU meters fluctuate. The best way to get an accurate reading from a CPU meter is to set it to "peak" mode. In Auria, you do this by touching the CPU meter until it reads "MAX". This will tell you the peak level of the CPU. Each time you enter the Max mode, it will reset.

What model hub are you using and are you sure it is a powered hub?

Rim

Hrveylee
Expert

Post by Hrveylee » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Got a project to record; existing project could not. These are saves "projects" that were converted from logic, bounced into Dropbox then loaded into auria and saved as projects. This particular project would t record at first I had to shit the app, open again, and load the project. Any additional thoughts would be helpful, I'll work more on all this tomorrow.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 pm

The type of hub you're using could also cause problems and that's why I'm asking. It's also very important to make sure it's a real powered hub, not an unpowered hub.

Rim