Final Touch on sale.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Old-Bugga
Expert

Final Touch on sale.

Post by Old-Bugga » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Having done the usual casualty of family life, I am starting to get back into my music and discovered Auria.
I am just amazed at what can be done now with so little. I was considering going for Toontracks EZMIX on my mac. Then had a look at some of the store plug ins within Auria. Was nervous about spending cash on a whole pile of plug ins that may, or may not be any good.
Happened upon Final Touch, which is currently on sale, and thought it was worth risking £3 on to polish any final mixes.
What I didn't realise was that, I could actually use it on any track as an insert.
I am genuinely blown away at the sheer enormity of what I am able to do with this app and Auria.

When I think back to my days with a Porta05 and an Alesis Midiverb this is just SO far removed/advanced it is hard to take in. I keep having to pinch myself at the quality I am getting compared to days of old.

Loving it. Well done to the developers.

Final Touch https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/final-t ... 05276?mt=8

Jus
Expert

Re: Final Touch on sale.

Post by Jus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Yep Auria and final touch Defo complement each other 8)
A match made In heaven
:D

Old-Bugga
Expert

Post by Old-Bugga » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Anything else you would recommend?

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Have you got the fab filter plugs in Auria a bit pricey but well worth it pro Q pro C pro L and the MultiBand compressor
By fab filter total Quality

Overloud in Auria if you play guitar as well
Reverb ad480 pro (there's also a free version ) best sounding reverb I've come across so far

There's loads but these are my first choices 8)

Old-Bugga
Expert

Post by Old-Bugga » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Currently again sitting with my jaw on the floor amazed with BIAS for guitar. Holy Diety of choice!

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Old-Bugga wrote:Currently again sitting with my jaw on the floor amazed with BIAS for guitar. Holy Diety of choice!
Bias is good also look at tonestack lovely lay out and sound to go with it 8)

manfredloe

Post by manfredloe » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:54 am

Tonestack is a great looking guitar app. There are a lot of great sounding fx in there. But I don´t like the "naked" amp sound at all. For me the amps are sounding harsh and digital.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:17 am

Yep you probably have a good point there I always run it through Auria and add ad480 reverb
And stereo designer (use the wide4 preset in that ) and it makes the app sound great well to be honest it makes any guitar app sound good

That's what I thought of bias tho the best looking but the sound just does not do it for me
It just sounds like a poorly mic'd combo to me the low end notes are horrid
I just don't have any feel like I'm playing through an amp In bias and Jamup I don't bother with them any more
I had to spend hrs just to get anywhere new a good sound with them but with overloud say it's very easy to get what I want
I know many people love and rate bias but that's just me I guess
8)

firehosed
Expert

Post by firehosed » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Does Tonestack use less CPU than Bias?

Old-Bugga
Expert

Post by Old-Bugga » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 am

Not sure, I do know that if I try and run both, its crash city. Also, if I select another track to record, then I dont appear to be able to keep Tonestack active.