Best Bass Guitar Amplifier Plug In for AURIA?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sutrobath
Expert

Best Bass Guitar Amplifier Plug In for AURIA?

Post by sutrobath » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi.

Looking for the best sounding bass guitar amplifier plugin to model my bass amp. I did use the Amplitude one but am not at all impressed. Im looking at the AMPEG SVX but being new to the world of software recording, Im not sure that its compatible with Ipad mini and Auria. Looking for a good plug in to get a punchy bass. Im also thinking of just getting a tube head and running that out into Apogee One and adding to it later. Any thoughts?

Thnx!

mrufino1
Expert

Re: Best Bass Guitar Amplifier Plug In for AURIA?

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Jamup pro xt with both bass packs (or the free jamup with both bass packs). As of a few days ago everything was on sale inside the app. I use it all the time. Bias as well. Both great for bass.

DerekBuddemeyer
Expert

Post by DerekBuddemeyer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 pm

mrufino1 wrote:Jamup pro xt with both bass packs (or the free jamup with both bass packs). As of a few days ago everything was on sale inside the app. I use it all the time. Bias as well. Both great for bass.
I agree...I just recorded 12 tracks for a buddy for a project and used the Orange bass amp in JamUp Pro XT...all he did was plug in his bass and go! They turned out killer
I'm just a shy guy with a big pick...

Old-Bugga
Expert

Post by Old-Bugga » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 am

Tonestack has what I take to be a really nice Ampeg Bass amp setup. Seriously loving the sounds I am getting from this app.

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 am

My bass sounds best straight into Auria using the channel strip EQ & Expander and the compressor + Pro-L in the Master channel.

I run two tracks, one more or less plain bass and a second for effects.

I also use the Convolution Reverb plugin to load IRs that I once bought for my departed AxeFX but that's a subtle difference.

I then route the clean signal thru a subgroup with a touch of compressor, but it's easy to go overboard stacking compressors.

I made a second subgroup for the effected channel that I use with plugins like WOW2, Volcano & Timeless.

Having the two signals allows one to mix in the effects without losing the bottom.

This is more for performing than for recording. It's not really necessary to do if one is layering tracks...

I don't miss having an amp sim for bass.

I still use JamUp/Bias for guitar, but I wish I could combine the standalone and the plugin versions and in-app purchases.

I'm a bit annoyed at spending the money on products that are quietly orphaned.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I like the plain amplitube bass amp. I also picked up the 1950s Fender Bassman amp model in amplitube, and it sounds most excellent.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Depending on what type of bass you have, Garageband's amp's have yielded some great bass tones for me. I'm using an Ibanez with active pickups.

Of course I'll always recommend Jam-up as a first choice.
Optimally micing a bass amp is still the way. Mix a close mic with a DI and maybe a room mic for extra credit.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:50 pm

my vote goes to both Bias and Jam up pro. Of course with bias you get to tweak the bass amp more than any ios amp sim imo , and with Jam up pro and both Bass packs you can definitely get some nice tones. Amplitube has yet to come out with a bass expansion pack while Jam up has exactly the gear I was hoping Amplitube would add, some bass amps and some bass pedals, like the mutron. Im using an Apogee Jam 96k and a Fender Jazz special, and though Im about due for a new pack of strings the sound is still superb.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac