Can you power the Apogee Duet for iPad with a mobile option?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:25 am

Phil999
Expert

Re: Can you power the Apogee Duet for iPad with a mobile opt

Post by Phil999 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 pm

yes. I have a PowerTank with 5V/2.5A output, with that one the Duet2 and an iPad2 are supplied with enough power. I haven't tried condenser mics yet, but the attached mini-keyboard (Akai LPK25) is working.

The iPad4 needs more power. The Duet2 is functioning I think, but does not charge the iPad.

It's great to have the Duet2 in mobile situations. And also solar powered, the PowerTank is charged with a foldable 46W panel. Very happy with this solar system, recommended. This specific system was a special offer and is no more available, but SIStech have other good products. And I think there are (and will be) other companies providing similar systems.

http://sistech.ch

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks for the info :)

Would you mind telling us the specifications of the original Power Supply? Output voltage and Amperes? I am interested; and I am assuming that you are speaking of the iPad compatible Duet.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:01 pm

the original adapter outputs 5V/3A. That's one reason why I didn't try out mics that need phantom power. And I have the Apogee MiC, so I use the Duet2 for other purposes.

And yes it's the Duet2 for iOS. The earlier model is not able to power the iPad.

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Thank you again :)