Which Video format on Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Which Video format on Auria?

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 am

Yep, this is on my list for a future update.

Rim

jadmorffier
Expert

Post by jadmorffier » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm

I tried syncing my vocals to an imported video but it's hard to do so using the small preview window. I try as best I can and then have a look at it full screen to make sure it's good but for some reason when I exit back out of full screen it's out of sync again. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?
Whatever is but might not be is dependent on what is and cannot not be.

bobbo924

Post by bobbo924 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:04 am

I agree with a simpler way to import videos. It has long been my impression that the structure of iOS makes everything 3x more complicated than it needs to be. Recent example: filmed a silly video on Focusrite Impact, and saved it to Photos. It now exists in both places. Neither exists as a source in iTunes File Sharing. On the iPad, when I select the video, the trash is available but the sharing option is dimmed, so no Dropbox. iOS continues to lack even a Commodore 64 level file sharing system, and I don't know what Auria, or anyone but Apple can do about it. It would help to be able to open a video (if that is even possible) directly from Photos.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:31 am

in desktop DAW's it is common practice to use a proxy video file. In Auria and the iPad platform this is even more necessary.

In other words, one has to prepare the video file (render to a lower resolution and format/container that can be read by the DAW) in a video editor application on a computer before importing.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:43 am

Phil999 wrote:in desktop DAW's it is common practice to use a proxy video file. In Auria and the iPad platform this is even more necessary.

In other words, one has to prepare the video file (render to a lower resolution and format/container that can be read by the DAW) in a video editor application on a computer before importing.
Thanks man, I never thought of that. Good tip.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)