IAA no audio output, unable to load in-app plugin and projec

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sgisler

IAA no audio output, unable to load in-app plugin and projec

Post by sgisler » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi, since I tried to use IAA in auria, time to make music is gone.

It looks it is not with all Apps the same.... e.g. "JamUp" and "Thor" is even worse then e.g. Sunrizer, Alchemy Mobile, Nave, KORG Module, Magellan, Galileo, Rooms etc. but also with this Apps: sometimes it works sometimes not. But after restarting the iAA connections are gone anyway.

Here a list of the problems:

- after connecting an app (in FX/IAA) the sound is gone. I see the level meter working but no sound anymore. after disconnecting the app the sound is there anymore.
- after restarting auria to work on a project later - all the IAA-Connections are gone. I have to reconnect them all. Mostly this is only possible if I open the apps first.
- e.g. mostly if I want to connect "JamUp", JamUp is freezing. If I open JamUp first sometimes it works, but only sometimes.

It's really bad, because "auria" was my favorite "DAW". Working without IAA is ok! I've produced my last EP with auria.

I've the same problems on "iPad Air 1" and "iPad Air 2" both iOS 8.1.1. Some Screenshots attached... unfortunately not... "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Rim
Site Admin

Re: IAA no audio output, unable to load in-app plugin and pr

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:52 pm

IAAs are not very reliable in my opinion. Some work better than others. However, it's generally a good rule to use Audiobus mode inside Auria's settings page. This mode makes Auria more compatible with IAAs in general.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:27 pm

some of my favourite IAA's refuse to work after I updated to iOS 8.1.1

I expect Apple tweaked something that hopefully they'll 'untweak' in the next update.

sgisler

Post by sgisler » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 am

The Problem with "no audio" is also with Audiobus. I've connected "SeekBeats" to "auria" and always again the sound was gone. Always trial and error...

Also with "Audiobus mode" enabled I've got the same problems as I've described.

I would be also nice to have the iAA Apps sorted alphabetically. To find the desired App in about 40 Apps takes time... Thanks.

@mtingl: it doesn't seems to be an Apple-Problem because with another iPad DAW I don't have this problems.

sgisler

Post by sgisler » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:50 pm

@mtingl: But maybe you're right although? On the other DAW I've tested it, it was different on the "iPad Air 1" to the "iPad Air 2". It works mostly fine on the "iPad Air 1" but on the "iPad Air" 2 it looks similar as on "auria".
Last edited by sgisler on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:55 pm

If you're having trouble with IAA, I suggest using some of the built-in Auria plugins instead. Not only are they more reliable, but they also support saving of parameters, automation and presets. Until Apple really improves the IAA functionality, IAA is not a great system in my opinion.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:33 am

Not directly the original topic but another issue with IAA.

On several occasions, a project with a frozen track which contains an IAA plugin loads the IAA app and fails.
Second attempt to open the project succeeds and the project plays fine.

If the track is frozen doesn't it mean that the IAA plugin is not needed anymore?
Why Auria tries to reconnect to this app?

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 am

That's true, a frozen track shouldn't need the plugin any longer. I'll add this to my list to look into.

Thanks,
Rim