So long, Alchemy. We barely knew ya.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Washboy
Expert

Re: So long, Alchemy. We barely knew ya.

Post by Washboy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Phil999 wrote:I'm not sure if Apple has much to do with it (not really an Apple fan myself).
They don't and that's the point! Apple could have mandated that Alchemy's IAPs would continue to be available for restoration - if they'd thought it through like Rim did.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:40 pm

I know it looks bad right now, and maybe they didn't handle the situation as well as they should have, but I think if we hang back for a few days we'll hear a little more about what happened.

I'd like to believe they were bought out and will return as maybe another name hopefully allowing former customers to keep the existing app alive. They did have quite a few desktop programs available as well, so us iOS peeps aren't the only ones in the dark.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 am

I'm certain it's a buyout, otherwise they would have explained what was going on. They are very open as a company and their customer service was great, the only explanation for the silence is that they are under NDA.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 pm

FAR OUT!! As fate would have it I just pulled out Alchemy mobile to lay some trax down this morning in rainy Australia and went onto the forum to check if there was a best way to sync the two. Then read this. :cry:

I'm gutted. I own every soundtrack for Alchemy Mobile and also own full blown desktop Alchemy along with ALL their sound packs. That's well over $1500 worth of kit......and what a brilliant synth. Faaaaaaark.

I'm actually in disbelief. But I do know one of the sound designers there personally and am going to push the old mates act and send him an email for some inside info if possible.

Man that is upsetting news.its like hearing a dear old uncle or aunt is not long for this world....( well not quite that bad but similar)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 am

From what I've heard even the sound designers are in the dark - only employees of Camel Audio really know what's going on, and they're keeping quiet, presumably under NDA.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:28 am

Allegedly Camel Audio are aware of our inability to restore IAPs and are working to fix it. Let's hope that fix comes soon.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/7261/ ... 5#Item_181

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:03 am

i bought Alchemy Mobile and all soundpacks a little over 3 months ago and immediately contacted the apple support for a refund 2 days ago.2 mails later i got all my money back.I would definitely have prefered to keep everything but the lack of any communication/information about the future of Alchemy made this descision quite easy unfortunately.

I was also a little worried about Auria and all my purchases then but Rim destroyed my concern now,thanks for that ;)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Old-Bugga
Expert

Post by Old-Bugga » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Anybody heard anything else. I will be gutted if I lose Alchemy and all the sound packs. Not just from a money point of view. It was my favourite synth.

Duckmandu
Expert

Post by Duckmandu » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:29 pm

It's exactly this sort of thing with Alchemy that makes me think that if you require your apps to remain functional it may become necessary to fix your present iPad as it is, back it up, and never upgrade the operating system. For new apps, you may have to buy a new iPad. Then at least you will be able to preserve your apps in their present state. Inconvenient? Inefficient? Expensive? Absolutely. But legally you never buy an app on the iPad, you merely license its use for as long as it's available. Unless the catastrophically iconoclastic Apple changes their policies to favor consumers and especially professional users, that is the unfortunate reality we're faced with.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:46 pm

As someone who bought EVERYTHING CamelAudio had for sale, both mobile and desktop, and who had $150 credit on his account, I emailed them asking for some details. I received a two line " thanks for your support" reply today.

So yeah, no one is saying anything
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:43 am

For ipad users on SOUNDLOUD it's going to happen as well DO NOT UPGRADE....notice all the complaints on the soundcloud forums from people who paid $$$$ for a pro account on an iPhone as they already extinguished all the features musicians and podcastors paid for......yeah ...the developers say they had to start from the bottom up in order to make soundcloud better....when...who knows....it's more like pandora now if you upgraded on an iPhone....ha....well at least they emailed me telling me the same will apply to the ipad in two weeks.....better then Carmel did,,so again I tell ya...if you are using
SOUNDCLOUD at it's full capabilities..recording,uploading,private tracks,ect...whether a pro account or not all these
Features on an ipad..like the iPhone....will be EXTINGUISHED ...DO NOT UPGRADE.....cheers...

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:15 am

Here is that actual email....
Dear Victor,

We’ve noticed you’re an iOS user and want to inform you about some upcoming changes. In two weeks, we’ll be updating the SoundCloud iPad app to align it with our iPhone app. This update streamlines the listening experience, adds playlist creation, and enables us to better support and develop SoundCloud on iPad, but it also means that some features will be removed or temporarily changing.
The ability to add and view comments, track info, and follower/following lists will all be temporarily removed. We’re already hard at work on bringing them back to the app as quickly as possible. Notifications and the recording and uploading functions will be removed.
If you have tracks you’ve recorded but haven’t uploaded, please follow the instructions below to save them. You can upload the tracks to your SoundCloud profile, or you can download them to your computer. Please do this as soon as possible to ensure that you don’t lose anything you’ve recorded.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email -- we’ll be happy to help!
Cheers...

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:21 am

Br8zinn wrote:Here is that actual email....
Dear Victor,

We’ve noticed you’re an iOS user and want to inform you about some upcoming changes. In two weeks, we’ll be updating the SoundCloud iPad app to align it with our iPhone app. This update streamlines the listening experience, adds playlist creation, and enables us to better support and develop SoundCloud on iPad, but it also means that some features will be removed or temporarily changing.
The ability to add and view comments, track info, and follower/following lists will all be temporarily removed. We’re already hard at work on bringing them back to the app as quickly as possible. Notifications and the recording and uploading functions will be removed.
If you have tracks you’ve recorded but haven’t uploaded, please follow the instructions below to save them. You can upload the tracks to your SoundCloud profile, or you can download them to your computer. Please do this as soon as possible to ensure that you don’t lose anything you’ve recorded.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email -- we’ll be happy to help!
Cheers...

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 am

This is what I wrote to SOUNDCLOUD,still waiting for a reply ..
How about on my desktop,will this happen as well,and if or as well,will these features ever come back and approximately when,also if I don't upgrade will my soundcloud still work as old,thus I can record and upload/download with the old app,so why bother upgrading until all this is fixed,thanks so much for the heads up,though this is not good news,please,please,don't become another pandora...I was just about to go pro with you guys,,,why bother if I can't really use it the way it was really intended ..as an artist user friendly app..not pandora...
Cheers.....sincerely ......

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:23 am

Here is the reply I got from soundcloud.....good news and bad....

Thanks for writing in. Your experience on the SoundCloud desktop browser site won't change at all. The only difference you'll notice is on the iPad app.

Our iPad app has been overdue for a complete update to bring it in line with our other apps and web experience. By rebuilding from scratch, we’re able to make a more sustainable and stable app, which will allow us to better integrate and update features and security in the future. Ultimately, we hope you find the new app easier to navigate and experience fewer technical issues than with the old app.

We do want to emphasize we are planning on bringing creator features back, though we can't say yet specifically when or how they'll be integrated into the app.

Feel free to write back with any more questions or concerns.
THEREFORE....I still stand with DONT UPDATE SOUNCLOUD ON THE IPAD IF YOU SONT WANT TO LOSE ITS FEATURES...UNTIL THEY FIX THER SHITZ.....LOL.........just being real on all this...