Saving aaf files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charlie49
Expert

Saving aaf files

Post by charlie49 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 am

Hi everyone

I have been using auria for a time now but I can only seem to get it to save to Dropbox as an aaf file. I would like to save it in the cloud service that I pay for which is Knowhow cloud. This is because it is cheaper than Dropbox. And because each project takes up loads of room on my 16 gb ipad! Any help will be great. I want to keep each project intact with all the separate tracks kept separate in case I want to change anything later.

Thanks

Washboy
Expert

Re: Saving aaf files

Post by Washboy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Did you try using "Menu -> Save Project to DropBox" (instead of "Menu -> AAF File -> Export AAF to DropBox")?

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:40 pm

The thing is I don't want to save it to Dropbox as that is not my cloud service, I want to put my completed projects somewhere else other than Dropbox and Dropbox appears to be the only game in town.

Thanks

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:19 pm

I haven't found a great way for backing up projects using only the ipad, and have taken to using iExplorer or iFunbox to grab the project file from the Auria folder and collecting them on a USB drive. As each drive fills up I'll zip it and back them up to a NAS. I tried several times early on to export an aaf to dropbox and it timed out often enough that it wasn't worth the worry of everything not being there.

Phil.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:10 am

@Rim: Would it be a big job to add an "Export/Archive to Zip" option for projects, with an "Open In..." at the end? That, in conjunction with the various apps for cloud services, personal cloud devices and file managers (NAS support), would provide an easy way to get projects out of Auria wirelessly without you needing to support a load of cloud and other services explicitly. Add "Open In..." for Zip files to Auria and you have the round trip covered, as well as an easy way to import IRs, Gog files, etc.

How 'bout it, Rim? 8)

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:47 am

I think your last post would be the solution to this problem wash boy. I hit on one solution after looking at the auria manual. I have used iTunes file sharing to transfer a couple of files to my PCS. Where I know they are safely stored but it would be much better and more efficient to have the options you have outlined. Let's hope it can be done as it would make like much easier

Thanks for your help

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:09 am

Not a bad idea, actually. And fairly easy to implement. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks,
Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:24 pm

One thing to add is the ability to delete that zip file via the files manager after transfer completed.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Many thanks for adding it to your burgeoning list, @Rim :D

BTW, does Auria expand (and afterwards delete) any zip file it finds in the documents folder at start-up?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Yes, Auria automatically expands and deletes any zip files it finds in the Documents folder.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:35 am

I wrote about deleting the zip file in the export folder.
No reason to keep copies of the projects.