Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

King
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by King » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Spot on Instinctive, spot on!

Bit by bit, Rim and the team will get it there. :wink:
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Cubasis just added a stereo width IAP. That's something I really miss in Auria (and used to in Cubasis). Worked something up in Pro-C and also used stereo designer - but of course only one instance of the latter.

It would make a big difference to me to be able to do stereo narrowing per track as a built-in to Auria Pro? Any chance of that Rim?

King
Expert

Post by King » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Yes, Stereo narrowing/widening! I read someone requesting the PSP stereo widener the other day! to Rim..

One would complete the mastering plug-ins. Wished Fabfilter did one!
And yes, there are work arounds but a dedicated plug-in would be great!

Rim, it's over to you...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:12 pm

All great ideas, guys, I appreciate it! I have to lock down the feature set for Pro though, or I'll never get it finished ;)

Rim

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:07 am

@Rim - I seriously need this app now. I took a break from ios for about a year as I got a Macbook with Ableton but am now having to part with it for financial reasons. Thus, Auria Pro would be a lifesaver for me especially with the real time stretch. If you need a beta tester, you've got a volunteer here ;)

Lester Ballard

Post by Lester Ballard » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:31 am

Can anyone please explain to me what track lanes are, in the most lamen of terms?

Thanks

Lester

King
Expert

Post by King » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:48 am

Lester Ballard wrote:Can anyone please explain to me what track lanes are, in the most lamen of terms?

Thanks

Lester

Hey Lester,

Think of them as tracks. Example would be, you have a Hi Hat and a open Hi Hat. They could both be on the same mixer/audio-channel but still on seperate/2 lanes or 2 files. You could mute/solo one or the other within said channel.
Meanwhile they would both go through all the same effects assigned to that mixer-channel.

Another is if you were to record a vocal for instance, and it was on a loop, each time the sequencer looped, it would create another lane/track on the channel you are recording on. So you may have three vocal takes that all start at the same place, but in different lanes.

Another way to look at it is grouping. When you have grouped all your drums together, you still have the option to seperate them in their channel-lanes.

It sounds right in my head.

:D
Last edited by King on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:17 am

Couldn't have explained it better myself :mrgreen: Another very important use, especially in very complex music like Electronica 8), is separating all the controllers (Filter cutoff, preset morphing, whatever) from the notes, for instance.

(sorry had to say the "very complex music" thing because I meet so many people of the clueless "It's all just boom boom" kind that I'm a bit sick of it at times ;))

King
Expert

Post by King » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:15 am

instinctive wrote:Couldn't have explained it better myself :mrgreen:

Hey Instinctive, Phew!!! Thinking it and writing it are a little different. Lol

Yes what your saying is right, all the automation on different lanes etc.. Was going to mention but thought I might be stepping off the lamen terms a bit, but it's all the same lane, hehe.

Lester, you have probably come across lanes before in some shape or form. They may have been described as takes!

hselburn
Expert

Post by hselburn » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:07 pm

I still wonder if there will be any limitations running Auria Pro on an iPad Air 1st Gen. Like how hard will my ram be hit
I've had 30Mb free at times. I haven't had a cpu warning. This isn't on pro obviously but if I'm seeing 30MB now, will I have any left in Pro or will I be back to freezing the majority of my tracks again as I had to on my old iPad 3.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:43 am

Pretty sure it's spring here in Wisconsin. 20 below today. Winds howling. Robins are chirping. Well, not really on that last part.

Bytebrain

Post by Bytebrain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:08 am

It's been a while since I visited this site, and I was gobsmacked to see that Auria Pro is coming.
The feature list is incredible, even if I don't know what half of it means, being an amateur at home recording still.

Loving the new interface and colour scheme, and I look forward to be able to play around using Midi, which I haven't tried before.

I'll be among your first costumers to upgrade.
Bring on Spring!

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:43 am

I'm very late to this thread but everything here really looks marvelous. So, congratulations, Rim.

And separately, I'm posting another vote here for MIDI Learn functionality as soon you can get it in Auria.

Bytebrain

Post by Bytebrain » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:07 am

Will Auria Pro feature Acoustic and realistic midi samples a.la GarageBand, or will it mainly be synth samples?
I really hope for realistic instruments, as music apps in general for the iPad almost exclusively feature synth sounds, which I never use.
I'm very old school in that regard...

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:59 am

Some acoustic drum sounds would be really useful.