Pen Tool

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tourniquet
Expert

Pen Tool

Post by Tourniquet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:46 pm

So, is this possible in Auria? Or, is it as helpful/useful as I think it would be? I got it form musictech.net. Maybe it's not necessary, but sounds interesting to me. Thoughts?

15: Fix Glitches With the Pen Tool
In a sample editor you can zoom down to sample level, showing the very building blocks of the digital sound. A digital click or pop will usually manifest as a clear spike or peak in the sample display, sometimes flattening out against the very top. You can often fix these by using the pen tool to literally draw them out, flattening the waveform to erase the spike.

martygras
Expert

Re: Pen Tool

Post by martygras » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Not really. Auria is a non-destructive DAW so the original recorded waveform is untouched, but you can alter how it sounds with effects. Duh, I'm sure you knew that, but Auria's tools can do this... with perhaps a transient designer. I think there's an IAP for one. Compression set properly can tame some harsh transients too, but I know what you are asking.

I used to use SoundForge and would redraw any sharp transients or "overs" which would only affect maybe one or two samples. I'm using the term samples as in the slices of a waveform. Once I switched to non-destructive editing, I was missing that control, but found it unnecessary once given good tools to use.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

mtingle
Expert

Re: Pen Tool

Post by mtingle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:29 am

a 'fix clipping' function would be cool.