I made a sale ;)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tourniquet
Expert

I made a sale ;)

Post by Tourniquet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm

I have a friend who uses a MacBook Pro with a DAW that the name escapes me ATM. A few weeks ago, I showed him some of the things I can do on my ipad, and this cool app called Auria. ;)

He seemed impressed, but not very interested. Well, I got an email from him today, he said he bought the app, and he wanted to know when I am working next, so he can show me what he is doing with Auria. We both work this weekend, so we should be able to have some real fun checking out each other's tracks, and Auria usage out.

I sent him a link to the Auria Pro video. Can't wait for him to see it.

On a SIDE note: I was messing around with the two finger scrubbing tool over the weekend, and I can't see how it could be that useful?

I was hoping for a more recognizable slow scrub of the audio, but I can't really tell which portion of the track I am scrubbing through, no matter how slow or fast I scrub. Is there any trick to this magic?

martygras
Expert

Re: I made a sale ;)

Post by martygras » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:27 pm

The scrubbing tool is indispensable for finding transients and other edit points. I edit dialog sometimes and you can't automate that very easily.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: I made a sale ;)

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:43 pm

That's nice to hear! In general, the more you zoom in to the audio, the more useful the real-time audio scrubbing tool is.

RIm