Best desktop DAW for Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mkrow

Best desktop DAW for Auria?

Post by mkrow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:34 am

Are any desktop DAWs better than others for working on Auria projects? From the manual it sounds like some support AAF better than others. I'm guessing some DAWs may be better for a one way transfer from Auria to the DAW and others may be better at transferring back and forth between Auria and the DAW. I'm wondering how practical this is though due to the fact that you would need identical plugins in both environments. Has anyone documented their experiences with this kind of workflow? I don't have any experience using AAF since I have been using FL Studio which doesn't support it.

I can't wait for the day when you can plop your iPad down next to a keyboard, touchpad and 4K monitor and do your work in a mondo resolution then pick up your tablet and walk away to continue your work. I would never need to leave Auria. ;) It doesn't seem like Apple is too keen for this though since they seem to be avoiding touchpad support AFAIK.

Thanks.

peteT
Expert

Re: Best desktop DAW for Auria?

Post by peteT » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:39 am

Hi,

Reaper is well worth a try. Rim has been doing some work with AATranslator who do software which translates between different proprietary systems. Auria projects can now be imported into Reaper via AATranslator. Google them - AATranslator is an Australian company. I have successfully imported projects into Reaper where they have held all the clip names, markers, and track names.

I believe Rim and AATranslator will be working on a reverse process. I think Rim has a little job which is preoccupying him at the moment!! But I guess once he has AuriaPro up and running there will be more time to help AATranslator develop a Reaper to Auria process. It reminds me to jog AATranslator to keep developing it.

Anyhow Reaper is a very solid DAW and not expensive.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:35 pm

I like Reaper a lot, and it is very "cheap". and very awesome.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:35 am

Although Reaper would also be my choice, I should warn you that it can be a very steep learning curve as it is completely configureable and is a very comrehensive DAW. The real power of Reaper is the custom commands that the user needs to setup to suit their workflow. Lots of options.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)