Two time settings in one track?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mjhiom86
Expert

Two time settings in one track?

Post by mjhiom86 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi, can you have sections of different tempos, and time codes such as 3/4, in a single project, maybe using the markers??

martygras
Expert

Re: Two time settings in one track?

Post by martygras » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:46 pm

Not yet.
The upcoming release of Auria Pro will have the ability to insert time signature and tempo changes though... and a lot more.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

mjhiom86
Expert

Post by mjhiom86 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:28 am

Great, thanks!

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:35 pm

What have people been doing in the meantime to remedy tempo changes in songs they are recording? And making the different song parts with different tempo's fit together well?

Or, maybe this isn't even part of the OP?

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:11 am

Well, as crazy as it sounds, I'd record a track or two of metronome, out loud, coming from an app from my phone. I'd put the phone real close to the built-in mic to the ipad and carefully record each track of metronome since the album I'm producing is full of tempo/time signature changes. You can see a quick example of the way I did this in my Auria contest video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKPNrCmAv-Q at around 30 seconds in. Crazy? Yeah...but it works and the end result will be seamless. Hopefully this helps.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:02 am

drock wrote:Well, as crazy as it sounds, I'd record a track or two of metronome, out loud, coming from an app from my phone. I'd put the phone real close to the built-in mic to the ipad and carefully record each track of metronome since the album I'm producing is full of tempo/time signature changes. You can see a quick example of the way I did this in my Auria contest video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKPNrCmAv-Q at around 30 seconds in. Crazy? Yeah...but it works and the end result will be seamless. Hopefully this helps.
Cool. Thanks for this drock.

Right now, I have recorded the intro to a song at 144, and in another seperate project, I have recorded most of the first guitar at 164. With the goal of combining the two together at some point soon. Not sure if that is the best way to go about it. May try your solution above.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:32 am

Nothing is ideal right now. If I have a piece with an unusual time signature or one that requires tempo changes, I have to go to Reaper. There's only a handful of tools that aren't in Auria currently that may well be implemented soon.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:55 am

martygras wrote:Nothing is ideal right now. If I have a piece with an unusual time signature or one that requires tempo changes, I have to go to Reaper. There's only a handful of tools that aren't in Auria currently that may well be implemented soon.
Thank you as well martygras.