Auria and Bluetooth speaker

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

James927

Auria and Bluetooth speaker

Post by James927 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi,

I love Auria and can see I'm not alone!
I also love the portability and wireless capabilities of the iPad.
t would be so nice to share my Auria mixes with a group of people using only my iPad and a portable bluetooth speaker.

I've heard that Auria, and other apps which play and record at the same time can't use Bluetooth.
My experience is that Gargeband IOS can output via bluetooth while recording and playing. Animoog, which has a 4 track recorder outputs thru bluetooth as well.
So why not Auria - at least during playback?

Not complaining, just curious.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria and Bluetooth speaker

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:59 pm

The reason other apps get away with this is because they don't support input and output at the same time while using bluetooth. In Garageband, they have a special mode, where you can output to bluetooth, but can't input or record while you do it. It would be confusing and awkward to support a mode like that in Auria. I venture to guess that a future version of iOS will properly support bluetooth output while allowing input and output, so I'll wait for that to support it properly.

Rim

James927

Post by James927 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 am

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Rim. I'll happily use Auria as is and if it ever is able to output via bluetooth that'll be icing on the cake.
Last edited by James927 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James927

Post by James927 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 am

Thanks for a mighty fine app!

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Bluetooth speaker output of Auria mix would be handy for sure!

Juge

Post by Juge » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 am

It wouldn't be confusing to switch to bluetooth mode on outputmatrix (master output is enough). Speakers are used mainly on mixing (so recording is not necessary then) and it is really anoying to have camera connection kit attached on ipad when I'm mixing on my sofa. Please include this option

BrandMo

Post by BrandMo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Hate to bring up old topics but 'Auria bluetooth' keeps redirecting me here. While I agree it would probably be a pain in the ass to sort out the functionality of shutting off the record mode, I really think it would be a fantastic feature to add to Auria. I personally hardly use Auria for recording, and spend a lot of time mixing and editing samples that I've imported from Dropbox.

I know it seems petty (just use your stupid wired headphones right?), but I just feel like with such an amazing piece of technology in my hands (ipad + auria) I should be able to use it to its full potential with other great tech (my lovely bluetooth headphones).

...That and I just hate wires.

Anyway, Rim if you've thought about it at all over the past few years, I still think it would be a great idea if it is at all feasible for you.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 am

I have a G-grip Bluetooth speaker, but it has a stereo line in which bypasses the Bluetooth so there is no latency. The speaker is fairly loud and has a decent freq range, but not good enough for mixing.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

GrahamEarnshaw

Post by GrahamEarnshaw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 pm

The answer to the Auria-to-UEBoom speaker problem for now is to plug a stereo wire into the earphone slot and then into the Boom.
All the best,
Graham

jwmmakerofmusic

Post by jwmmakerofmusic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:28 pm

My suggestion for getting Auria's output to bluetooth speakers it just to run it through Audiobus 3. It's what I do at any rate. :mrgreen:

craggydread

Post by craggydread » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:35 am

jwmmakerofmusic wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:28 pm
My suggestion for getting Auria's output to bluetooth speakers it just to run it through Audiobus 3. It's what I do at any rate. :mrgreen:
WOW! Thank you Sir. It works for me.
TTT

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am

yes would be good to have Auria make use of Bluetooth, even if its just for output only (which is what most people want it for I'd of thought)